Twenty Three

~B.~

I was dressed and bouncing around the kitchen ready for Marcello to take me wherever he had planned.

I found out we were in Vernazza. It was in northern Italy and was a smaller city. Marcello had grown up around here.

I sat on the kitchen counter as Corrine painted my lips with a maroon lipstick. I groaned and squirmed away as she kept trying to touch my mascara.

Mel butt bumped her away and handed me an apple to eat.

"You guys are going to have so much fun. Oh, I wish I could walk around for more than twenty minutes without aching or having to pee."

I giggled and rubbed her arms, "I'm sure Frankie has something planned while you're here."

"I doubt it he sucks at planning anything," she scoffed.

"I do not!" Frankie in a truly Frankie manner, pops his head up to defend himself.

"Well you did a shit job planning for this baby!" I winced loudly and tried to scoot away.

"It was heat of the moment and you loved it!" I gagged as she melted and he kissed her quickly.

"You and Bossman are much worse, just so you know." Corrine added while leaning next to me.

"And what about the heart eyes you make at Caesar?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about, babe. You know I only have eyes for you," I stuck my tongue out at her.

Her denial was cute even though she put all of her time into Lily and him. They were going to hook up at some point. And then I'm going to plan their wedding.

Marcello walked in and I smiled before hopping down. He was quick to fix my skirt that had flown up.

"Beautiful," he brushed my unruly hair back. He pushed up my glasses and kissed my nose. It was Mel's turn to gag as Frankie gaped.

"Did Marcello Milano just... kiss someone's nose?"

He growled as I snuggled into him. I rested my chin against his chest, "I like that you kiss my nose, hun."

He glanced down at me and smirked. Marcello was dressed in a maroon Hensley and dark jeans. An expensive watch sat on his wrist and sunglasses hung from his shirt. This was probably the most casual I've ever seen him dress.

We said our goodbyes to everyone as I was lead to a black SUV.

After a never ending game of twenty questions in the car we pulled up to a center square. Marcello parked behind a shop that he said his friend owned.

"Do you know everyone here?" He grasped my hand as I stepped out of the car and nodded.

"Small, nosy town. Technically I own most of these shops, I just let the original owners run it."

"Why'd you buy it?"

"This town was going under, I found out back home, bought most of it, and sent them the money they needed."

I smiled at Marcello's good deeds and squeezed his hand. With his glasses on as he walked next to me and resembled a body guard of sorts. He was so much larger than me and he looked very inconspicuous.

I walked down the cobble stone road while I craned my neck to look at everything. I was lead into a small restaurant.

I 'oohed' and 'awed' at everything I saw as Marcello pulled me towards the counter. My attention span was all over the place before loud Italian was being shouted from the back.