Thirty Two

Belle

I was ready to rip my hair out. Marcello was currently yelling at me.

I leaned against the counter as I stared at him. His face was slowly turning red as he spat things in Italian.

My mother had just been indicted for laundering money. I almost had to chuckle at the turn of events. They had investigated her ties to the mafia and found a multitude of things.

And I had told him I wanted to visit her while she waited for trial.

And now my fiancé was shouting in Italian. I growled in frustration before grabbing the closest thing.

"Stop yelling in foreign!" I screamed to match his volume and threw the box of pasta at him.

He ducked and glowered at me. "How am I supposed to fully appreciate your lecture when it's in a language I can't understand?" I asked exasperatedly.

His glare never wavered as he came closer, strong arms caging me against the granite counter.

I nibbled on my lip as I shifted from foot to foot.

"You're too worried. What's the worst thing that could happen?" I peaked up at him through my lashes.

Marcello groaned lowly before cupping my chin. "I can't stay mad when you look at me like that. Stop that," he growled.

I bit back a smile but failed. I pushed myself flush against his body.

"Why can't I go see my mother?"

"Because she's a shit person. You don't need to be concerned about her."

"I think that that's my decision to make."

His head ducked down to nudge my under my chin. My breath hitched as he kissed me gently.

"I just want to protect you."

I smiled gently as I rubbed his back. "If you come with me I'll be safe."

I hummed and leaned against his body. While resting I rubbed over my bloated stomach, serves me right for eating so much the past few days. I huffed quietly and decided I didn't care much, I was still going to eat.

Marcello leaned back and brushed my hair back on both sides, before cupping my cheeks.

"You look tired baby," he whispered.

I pouted my bottom lip and he kissed it. "Keep stressing yourself out and you'll have no energy," he continued to lecture.

"You know what I have energy for?" I bit my bottom lip while pushing myself onto my toes.

He growled lowly and kissed down my neck greedily. "I have a meeting in five- after," he husked.

I nodded obediently and rubbed my turning stomach.

"Go," I kissed his cheek and watched him nod. I patted his butt and giggled as he glared.

I'd finished cleaning the bathroom and gasped for a second. I quickly turned and began dry heaving into the sink. I pushed my hair out of the way and held my abdomen, now sore.

I groaned and wiped my mouth.

I held my head in my hand. The now familiar feeling of nauseous from the past week stuck with me.

I kicked the counter lightly in mild frustration.

"This is Bull."

The only thing that brightened my mood was the thought of Marcello after his meeting.