Sixteen

~B.~

I clenched my eyes together as I woke up. I was laid on my back while Marcello was on his side. His head was above mine on the pillow while his hand cupped my boob under my shirt.

I craned my neck to look down at his hand. I hiked my shirt down to cover myself, as I hadn't fallen asleep with underwear.

"Nothing I haven't seen before," Marcello's morning voice was heavenly before I scoffed at him.

I rolled over on top of him. I smiled widely while wrapping my arms around him. I poked my head up to meet his gaze.

He grinned up at me before kissing me. I traced his bottom lip with my tongue playfully before pulling away.

Marcello ran his hands up my thighs. Thankfully, the shirt was just long enough to cover me but unfortunately, my core was pressed snugly against his abdomen.

I ran my hand down the ridges of his muscles and licked my lips. Marcello cupped my jaw and tilted my head towards him.

"You're drooling il mio amore." I knew enough of Italian to know what that meant as my breath hitched. I didn't question it as I nipped at his thumb that was against my lip.

He rolled me onto my back and covered my body with his. My eyes drifted shut as he pecked my lips repeatedly. I smiled as he pulled away and got up. I tried to ignore his very large morning wood as he looked for clothes.

"I'll make breakfast, you stay here," I groaned in response as I stretched out. He slipped on sweatpants and made his way downstairs.

My body buzzed with satisfaction with how last night and this morning played out. It seemed crazy that over a few weeks I would trust someone as much as I currently do. Not only do I trust Marcello with my life I am starting to trust him with my emotions.

And on top of that, I was building friendships and becoming close to people. My heart jumped at the idea of a normal life. Of course, as normal as it can be with said people all involved in or running the organized crime business.

I glanced down at my exposed self and rolled off of the bed to find underwear. I lazily pushed things around in my drawer and searched for cotton boy shorts I could wear.

I pursed my lips at the cheetah print ones I found and couldn't bring myself to look any further no matter how tacky they looked. Just as I was about to step into a pair of sweats, yelling erupted from downstairs and I tripped over my pants in fright.

Quickly forgetting the task at hand I hurried downstairs and tried to get to whatever the altercation was as quick as possible.

My bare feet padded against the floor before I halted abruptly. My jaw hit the floor as Marcello and two other men held guns to Corrine's head. She stood calmly while looking around curiously.

Everyone turned at the sound of my arrival and Marcello and Corrine spoke at the same time.

"Bambina get behind me."

"Babe! I told you I'd find you."

With my jaw still ajar as Marcello took a few steps backward and drew me behind him. When I finally snapped out of it I placed my hand over Marcello's gun.

"I know her we worked at the school together. Her names Corrine- everything's okay Marcello." Marcello narrowed his eyes at my friend and hesitated to lower his gun. I quickly stood in front of her to signal we were okay.

Marcello only lowered his gun a little before sending the two guards away.

"Bells you don't have any pants on," Corrine whispered from behind me. I sighed before turning to her and strangling her while shaking her head back and forth.