Eight

~B.~
The next afternoon I grabbed baggy shorts and a t-shirt. I pursed my lips as it clung to my figure annoyingly. I couldn't gather the energy to change it however.

I hopped down the steps to the kitchen and halted when I saw Dean and Caesar ransacking the kitchen.

I cleared my throat obnoxiously and they both whipped around. I raised a brow at them and smiled.

"Catalina took a couple weeks off, she got hip surgery." Dean explained quickly, so their food source was gone.

"Well I'm hungry so I'll make us something," I chuckled lightly.

They sighed in relief and went to sit at the island behind me, "what are you going to make?"

"A classic French dish. Because it's all I know how to cook," I glanced back at the two to see Dean was excited.

"Finally something different than fucking Italian."

"So... have you ever seen ratatouille?"
~

After a long, very analyzed play by play of the children's movie I was almost done.

"So far I've seen you both attached at the hip," I commented while stirring the sauce.

"We're partners. Like cops have partners, but we have more fun." I chuckled and bent down to check to oven. I made gougeres puffs.

These poor men have been deprived of the best cuisine. I planned to go all out.

"All right," I started as I brought them out to cool. I started setting plates, "You two set the table. I'll go gather everyone."

While walking out I quickly threw a towel at Caesar, "don't eat the puffs."

I walked through the humongous mansion and tried to remember the way to Marcello's office. I figured if I found him first, Leo and Mathew would find out quicker.

I walked in distractedly and immediately regretted it as he was standing face to face with a white woman. She had fiery red hair, and very sharp features. She was very beautiful and lean. Like a model.

I sucked in a sharp breath and ignored the seed of jealously planted in my stomach.

I smiled at her politely and looked to Marcello who stared at me intensely. I tried to ignore how he didn't step away from her.

"Sorry for interrupting, Catalina is gone so I made food. Wanted to make sure you knew."

"Leave Bambina. I'll eat later," he said in a rude tone.

I raised a brow in disbelief. What the hell happened to the guy who got me ice cream.

I opened my mouth to protest but thought it through. Disrespecting him in front of a possible business partner was a big risk.

"Belle leave." The woman looked smug, that was what made a little bit of me snap.

"Sorry I was trying to figure out where the hell the attitude came from."

I walked out while looking for Leo. I bit my lip in thought, I knew he slept with women all the time. It was irrational of me to think he would stop. And who's to say they were sleeping together? Her attraction to him was obvious though, along with every other woman.

He treated me like some bitch who hung on his every word. I didn't even want to be here! Which was half a lie, but this was definitely not ideal.

I shook my head, I just have to mind my own business. I bumped into Leo and stumbled back. He was quick to steady me.

I smiled sheepishly and muttered sorry.

"Uh... I made dinner for everyone. It's alright if your busy-"

"Fuck I'm so hungry. You're a saint!" He kissed my cheek in gratitude and dragged me back to the kitchen where I saw Mathew already there and sitting. Caesar and Dean were sat as well.

"Finally!" I smiled at all of them and sat to the right of Marcello's empty seat and next to Leo.

Next to Leo was Mathew. Across from Mathew was Frankie's empty seat and then it was Caesar and Dean.

Dean said a quick grace and I watched eagerly as the boys ate. I sat on my knees like a child but at the moment I couldn't care less. My mother always told me I needed to improve my cooking skills.

They all complimented the food, ensuring it was just as good as Catalina. Although, I knew Catalina's food was godly. I ate my own slowly and listened to them talk.

"I need to pick up Lily in an hour," Caesar announced and I tilted my head in curiosity.

"Lily?"

"Liliana my daughter, she's four." Caesar spoke proudly and I felt an excited smile cross my face.

"Oh that's great! I love kids, I worked at the elementary school before all this."

"Well I'll make sure to bring her around some time soon." I nodded enthusiastically, it would be nice to hang out with kids again.

"Ever need a babysitter, I'm right here."

Caesar's eyes lit up, "I'll take you up on that."

"How come you don't have kids, Belle?"

I choked on an onion, before banging on my chest to dislodge it.

"God, I'm 23! And have never been in a serious relationship. Those two things don't usually go together. Unless ya know a one night stand goes wrong."

After more prying questions Mathew shut everyone up.

"What's going on with you and Marcello?"

Everyone paused and looked to me. I licked my lips nervously and rubbed my hands on my pants.

I stood while grabbed my empty plates, "nothings going on as far as I know."

I didn't get a response while I loaded the dishwasher. I grabbed the gougeres and put them in the middle of the table and watched them slowly disappear. I grabbed three for Marcello and put them with the leftovers.

"Do you guys have work from the boss?"

"Paperwork and going over information for a future job."

I nodded once, "here I'll get the mess and you all get ready. It'll be my thanks for helping me out."

I glared at any who started to argue. As the stood I squinted in confusion as they all came towards me.

Suddenly each guy was kissing me on the cheek like before and I scrunched my face up playfully.

I peaked one eye open as they walked out, stopping to wipe the slobber off my face.