Chapter 38

Zhaen

I sat in my room and looked around. There was nothing and no one. Nothing to do and no one to talk to. I rather just die then sit here. Maybe I could see Sam. But would he be disappointed in me? For picking death over everything else? I would be disappointed if he was selfish and did that.

I sighed and peeked my head out my door. I saw Larry's mom was still sitting at her desk. But she looked over at the door and smiled. She was talking to someone. My eyes widened once I saw it was Todd. No offense, but right now he was the last person I wanted to see right now. After everything that happened, he was one of the last few people I had wanted to see.

He must've said something funny because Larry' mom started laughing. What the hell is he up to? The little gold fish isn't even funny so what did he say? He has no sense of humor. From what I could tell since I have been here? He is a very serious person. I have never seen him laugh either. What are you planning little fish?

I glared down the hall at him and saw his head turn. But at the same time it didn't. It was like a shadowed version of himself glaring at me. Smiling. It was so creepy, but I couldn't look away. Don't come this way. Don't look this way. Stay away from me.

I saw it turn back around as Larry's mom had put a piece of paper on her desk then point in my direction. Shit. He's coming. Maybe I can try to lock the door. But every single fecking time I try to touch the damn door my fucking hand goes through it. FUCK A DUCK! I think to myself.

I watch as his mom walks off and into the elevator. Who just leaves a teen with a bunch of hospitalized people? Who trusts a gold fish enough for that to happen? The fuck is wrong with that woman?

I sighed and walked back into my room. Pacing. I could feel an evil presence as it grew closer with each step "Todd" took. This wasn't Todd. This was a very paranoid and dark Todd. Well, I guess being paranoid was normal. He didn't seem to like me. But the dark? No way, Todd can't be evil, he's gay for crying out loud!!

I sigh and sit on the ground. I wanted to cry. I wanted to see Sam and give up but I couldn't. I shouldn't. I sure as hell was going to have a stern talk with Ash about this when I woke up. You don't just go around and turn off someone's life support. That's beyond fucked up. And Todd! You don't go pushing people out the damn window! What the hell is wrong with him?! He shouldn't have done that. He should've said something so we could think this through and solve this problem. There's always more than one outcome when there's a problem. But if you choose to take care of it on your own then you will see only one way. The violent way.

I was cut from my train of thought when I heard the door click and the knob start to turn. I couldn't handle seeing Todd. Not like this, so I covered my eyes and turned around.

"Please! Just go away! I know you can't hear me but you aren't Todd!"

"But I am." I heard him say to me. I snapped my eyes open and turned around to see him. He was looking directly at me. He looked like he had been crying. But why? It's been awhile. My soul has been like this for a very long time. Why would he still be sad about something like this.

"T-Todd! Snap out of it! You already pushed me so he has no reason to still be here!" I yelled at him but he shook his head and laughed like a maniac.

"No reason!? None of this happened until you showed your stupid face! I am here to set us all free! Isn't that what you want Zhaen! To be set free! He can set us free but you must take him. Let him have you!" Todd said as he held his hand out to me. I looked at it. It was so ugly and black. His hand looked like it had been rotting for weeks. But this was something that only the dead could see. That wasn't Todd's hand. No, that was the demons hand. Black as his soul. Well, I guess just black since he had no soul.

"N-No! I can't! Todd we can fix this if you just fight him!"

"NO one can fight me! How about a deal?" I heard a voice say. I looked up and saw the demon as it hovered over Todd.

"Todd!" I heard a familiar voice and then saw three familiar faces, "Todd what are you doing?!" 

I saw Sal, Larry and Ash run in. Well, Sal did at least. The demon made a swift motion with her hand. Knocking Larry and Ash out in the hall and locking the door. Trapping Sal, myself, and Todd in the room.

"Turn on the gear boy." Todd demanded. Sal just stood there before yelling it again. Sal hesitated before taking his gear boy out and turning it on. He looked above Todd and saw the demon then saw Zhaen. His eyes widened and he couldn't believe what he was seeing.

"Zh-Zhaen..." He said.

I shyly waved at him then looked away. Ashamed that this was the way he was finding out about me,

"Hi Sal. Long time no see. I'm not dead, but I could hear and see you guys every time you visited me." I said as I began to cry a little, but I smiled, "I am glad you could come see me though. Thank you."

"Yes, yes. Tell the sob story, now, are we ready to strike a deal?"

The demon said as Sal and I looked up at him. Not sure what we should do now.