Chapter 40

Sal woke up the next morning in his room. He groaned and got out of bed. Stretching before checking the time. It's only 6:30 am. And it's also a Saturday. So he didn't have school today. He thought he would go and hang out with Larry today. He got on one of his sweaters he wore for new years and immediately got a headache.

"Ah damn! What happened last night?" He said aloud as he walked into the bathroom to brush his teeth. While he was brushing them, he looked at his medications and sighed. Something was familiar about them and he had a feeling he was forgetting something.

"Shit! I should probably take those today. Been a fucked up week without them." He said as he finished brushing his teeth then got a cup of water before taking his meds. He smiled as the thought of forgetting something slipped his mind. He walked back into his room to grab his prosthetic when he saw one that he's never seen before. He held it in his hands and wondered where it had come from. He doesn't remember buying another one. 

"Oh well." He put it on and walked out into the hall and into the elevator. He took it down to the basement and walked in to see Larry was up and awake.

"Did you just wake up too?" He said as he sat next to Larry. He just quietly nodded his head.

"Something feels off, ya know?" Larry said as he leaned back. He looked up at the ceiling then over to Sal. Noticing his new prosthetic, "Where'd you get that?" He said as he ran his hand down the sides of it. Sal blushed under his mask but shook his head.

"I'm not sure, I woke up with it in my room and decided to wear it. I liked the handiwork. It looked like someone really put in the effort, not so much the time, to make it for me. So I want to treasure it. Even if I don't know why." Sal said and Larry nodded.

"Oh! My mom told me to give you this." Larry said as he pulled out the SGB, "She said it was in *****'s room." Larry said but he paused. Who's room was it in?

"Who?" Sal said as he took it and held onto it. Larry shrugged.

"I don't know. Apparently we left it there last time we went there. But I don't know why we would ever even go there. Ya know?" Larry said and Sal nodded. 

"Also, I found this weird number in my phone this morning and when I called it? It was just static, ringing and then it gave me a headache." Larry said as he pulled out his phone. Sal did the same thing and saw the same number.

"Isn't that weird?" Larry said and Sal just nodded.

"That's hella weird." Sal said as he put his phone away and then leaned on Larry's shoulder.

"Hey, Ash wants us to meet up at her house later. She said she wanted us to explore an abandoned Apartment complex. Wanna go?" Larry asked and Sal nodded. Getting up and ready to go now.

A hour went by and the boys all met up with Ash. She smiled when she saw them. They were holding hands.

"Oh ma gosh! I so ship it! Yee!!!" She giggled as she ran into the abandoned apartments. They were all drawn to one apartment with a light blue door. It said "Z203." 

"Well, it's not or never." Larry said as he opened the door. He looked around and saw the room was well kept. There were photos all around. They had some class photos from Nockfell middle and high school and a picture of two little kids. But one of the kids was cut out. There was a kid missing from all these pictures.

"Well this is creepy." Ash said and Larry nodded. 

"Yeah, but why is it so clean in here? I thought you said it was abandoned in here?!" Larry said as he decided to leave the room.

"It is! Maybe some hobo just lives here." Ash said as she continued to poke around.

"Right, a hobo that goes to Nockfell high?! I doubt it. Let's just get out of here." Sal said and he was followed by the others.

<<From the distance>>

"They found my apartment. Wow, you were right. They are fast huh?" A girl said to herself as she sat a perch on a rooftop nearby. She held a scythe looking thing behind her head and she sighed.

"Yes, I normally am right. Let's go get the job done I assigned you. We have many people to...collect." 

The voice in her head said and she sighed.

"Why wouldn't you wipe my memory?"

"What's the fun in that?"

"Well, I was going to say that it'd make this job easier but now I understand why you wouldn't do it. It'd be harder to make me do these things huh? Especially when I can see both the living and the dead huh?"

"Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner! Your prize is an eternity of my fabulous advice."

"Pfft, there's nothing fabulous about this. You must've inherited Todd's gayness. That's what happens when you spend so much time in gold fish."

"Well excuse me, I wanted to use you but you were being too difficult." 

"I suppose so." The girl said as she followed the teens from the rooftop, "Just because they don't remember me, doesn't mean I can't keep an eye on them. I wonder how they plan on helping me..." She said as she jumped off the roof and climbed the side of the Addison Apartments; looking down and watching the teens go into the treehouse.

"Thinking like this won't help. Think of it like this; you get to carry the burden of me while I keep any evil at bay. Your job is to wipe out all that is good in Nockfell. Doesn't that just sound like fun?"

"Why would that be fun?" She said as she put her elbows on the side of the roof. Waiting for them to come out.

"Ah right, I forgot. You are a Debbie downer."

"And you are a demon who has ruined my life." She said as she watched one of the boys come out. He looked up and she ducked down before she could be seen.

"Careful now, Zhaen. We don't need to be found out about yet. Just stay low."

"Shut the hell up. I just wanted to check on Larry. He's like my little brother after all." Zhaen said as she jumped off the roof again and ran into the forest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello My Chibis! I am going to delete all the extra chapters. Like the notices and what not. So all you will see when you read this book is the Chapters, the Side Stories, and Whatever else I decide to keep.

I hope you enjoyed Locked In. Keep an eye out for my next Sally Face story.

Broken Inside

I will do smut every five chapters for Sal and Larry. I am sorry if this story was a rollercoaster of  emotions. I cried a few times myself. I will need time to make the cover but don't worry.

Lyfe Loves Chu~

~C.L. 

The End.