Chapter 1

Yuna's petite figure knelt down on the wooden platform as the executioner forced down on her weak shoulder. The hordes of civilians surrounded the platform with a look of disdain on their faces. None of them understood her. She could feel the hatred emanating from the crowd below. She frantically searched for the man she devoted her life to, her husband.

She discovered a man in the distance. His familiar figure slowly approached her. On closer inspection, there was a petite woman clutching unto his muscular arm. The woman's long lashes fluttered like a butterfly as her tender voice could be heard. Her long white gown portrayed a young maiden of her innocence and purity. On first impression, she resembled a white flower that was fragile yet dazzling. She had a certain charm about her that brought the men to their knees.

Both men and women in the crowd, gazed at the picturesque scene of the couple emerging before them. The man was none other than the emperor of their kingdom. He stood majestically before the crowd as he walked up the stairs to the wooden platform. The woman naturally followed behind him like an innocent child.

Yuna felt her stomach turn as she watched this scene. The man she desperately loved was standing before her with another woman in his arms. His long luscious black hair flowed naturally with the wind. His eyebrows were thick, and his eyes and lips reflected the elegance of an emperor. She felt her heart twist as he embraced the trembling woman by his side. He whispered sweet nothings into her ear with a soothing voice.

Yuna's face scrunched up into a scowl as a tear threatened to fall from her bitter eyes. What had she done to deserve this? Her love for Minho was limitless. She had done everything in her power to be his pillar of support. He wouldn't be in that position if it weren't for her assistance.

As for the woman that sat next to him, she was her cousin, Haemi. Haemi was always the sweet, benevolent sister that always listened to her and supported her. Yuna felt betrayed by the two people she cared about most in her life. She struggled to get up from her position. The executioner was strong, and it took her some effort to get away from his clutches. She became so distraught that her voice came out hoarse and unruly, "Minho, why are you doing this? I thought you loved me. Why is she here with you?"

Haemi saw me struggling to escape, her lips curved up into a smug grin. When she turned to face Minho, her face changed into a delicate beauty. Tears surprisingly formed in the corners of her eyes as she began wailing into his chest. Minho swiftly gave Yuna a death glare as he soothed his lover in his arms. He shouted, "Guards! Tie her down this instant!"

The guards promptly followed the emperor's orders and tied her hands and legs to prevent her from escaping. Minho stood before the crowd as he projected his voice throughout the town. "Queen Yuna has been found guilty of many charges! She is solely responsible for causing the massacre of thousands of people in our country. Her greed for power and money has caused corruption within our nation. It is the duty of I, the emperor, to uphold justice for our people. I hereby declare that Queen Yuna and her relatives of 5 generations to be sentenced to death by decapitation!"

The crowd roared in anger as they threw rocks at Yuna. One rock hit her on the forehead. Blood seeped down the side of her face. She couldn't tell whether it was blood or her tears. What had she ever done to deserve all of this? She lived her life as a good person. Whenever she saw a homeless person on the street, she'd give them food, clothes, and money. She wasn't involved in politics at all. She was happy with only being by Minho's side as his wife. Why was she being framed and accused of something she hadn't done?