Chapter 5

Third POV

The news of Hana not wanting to get admission in the medical field got spread in all of the family. All were very upset and confused about it.

Dadi even called Hana in her room to ask about it. She was very furious and harsh with Hana as none of their family's female had studied anything other than medicine.

"You really are a disappointment to the family," Dadi said harshly with a scowl on her face.

Hana got tears in her eyes after hearing it but her Baba came to her rescue.

"Ammi, don't say that! She just is not interested in the medical field. There are many other subjects and fields too. You have to understand! You just wait and watch my daughter! She will definitely make us proud." Asfand said while trying to pursue his mother.

Hana became happy after hearing her father's reply and she wiped her face with her dupatta.

"You can leave, Hana!" her Dadi said sternly to Hana.

Hana left the room and headed to her room. Her baba and Dadi were still discussing something. Hana just sat on her sofa in her room and picked her phone from the center table. She had always been like that! To forget the harsh treatment and words of her family, she just reads something funny or starts a new novel. She never thinks about their words that's why she is easily able to forgive them every time they broke her heart with their harsh words.

To forget her Dadi's harsh words, Hana once again started reading her pending novel so that she can get away from the harsh but real world. This is the only way that she relieves her frustration and stress. She reads, watches movies or any other show on her laptop. That's how she spends her days.

When the time of lunch came, there was a knock on Hana's room door. She set her hijab and said 'Come in.'

A maid came into her room and informed her about the food. Hana got up and went downstairs. At the dining table, she saw her tayas, tayis, baba and Dadi at table. She took an empty seat beside her father and her mother came out from the kitchen with a dish of rice in her hands.

Hana noted that everyone at the table had smiles on their faces and the atmosphere at the table is also quite pleasant. Even her Dadi had a small but visible smile on her face.

After lunch was done, Hana helped the ladies in cleaning the table while the males and Dadi went to the living room for some tea.

Hana asked her mother about the good mood of everyone and Hiba told her the news that had her heart racing.

"Your Rayaan bhai is coming back from America. He is coming back for good. Within the next year, all the other boys are also going to be back as they have successfully managed to shift the business here in Islamabad." Hiba told her daughter.

After hearing the news, a beautiful smile bloomed on Hana's face.

"Really?!" Hana asked excitedly with stars in her eyes.

Her mamma looked at her skeptically and asked;

"Why are you so excited and happy? It is just Rayaan. You never talked to your cousins then why so excited for Rayaan?"

"Because Rayaan bhai is coming back! Mamma, it Rayaan bhai we are talking about! Hana replied instantly with a big smile on her face.

"My baby becomes excited on even very small things!" hiba said adoringly with a shake of her head.

"I am not a BABY! And wesay bhi, it is not a small thing mamma! Because Rayaan bhai is coming back! The bhai who never hurt me physically or emotionally." Hana said happily and adoringly.

There was an instant silence in the kitchen after Hana's reply. Her mother had a sad face after hearing this. Even her tayis and all the maids got the sympathetic expression on their faces.

Hana could not understand the sudden change of mood so she shrugged and excused herself to her room. After entering her room, she lay down on her bed, face down and excitedly squealed in her pillows with her shaking legs up in the air.

"Oh! I never asked when he will be coming back!" Hana said out loud to no one in particular.

...............................

Please vote and comment!