Chapter 19

Chapter 19: (Mia's POV)

"What the hell does that mean?" I yelled at my mom, for the first time in a while.

"You know what I mean." my mom sighed, irritated.

"No, please explain. Because first of all, he is not my boyfriend and if what you're saying is true, then answer me this. If dad physically hurt you, would you believe it's ok? Just because he's your husband?" I yelled, feeling anger boiling in my veins. "That doesn't justify Ryder's actions. What's going on between Jeremy and you is none of his business!" she screamed at me.

"There is nothing going on between Jeremy and me!" I yelled for the billionth time.

"You're a perfect match for each other, what is wrong with you?!" she glared at me.

"Honey, stop." my dad tried to interfere but she just wouldn't budge. Sometimes I don't believe that she's my real mom. I mean, it is a possibility. "No, Robert! She can't go around with a boy like him when a boy like Jeremey is right there for her!" she addressed my dad with his first name. No 'honey' or 'sweetie'. "Melody! Stop it! She can go with whomever she wants. You can't tell her who to love!" my dad grabbed her arm and turned her to face him. I'm just saying, we don't even have the blood group. Mine and my dad's is the same though.

"We are her parents! Of course we can!" she argued, jerking her hand away from his grip.

"Did your parents tell you who to love?" I cut into their conversation.

"No, but they did approve of your father!" she fought back.

"And I very much approve of the boy. There is nothing wrong with Ryder. He loves her!" my dad defended me and for the first time in a long time, I was grateful for his presence. I caught a glance at Ryder and saw him smiling when my dad said that. "I do love her, Mrs Stewart." Ryder explained. "He'll hurt her!" she yelled exasperated.

"Then I'll kill him. We have that understanding, don't we Ryder?" my dad faced Ryder.

"Y-yes sir." Ryder nervously stuttered. Awe, he looks so cute when he's nervous. Snap out of it. Now is not the time. "I'll leave if it's necessary. But I will not stop seeing him." I had the last words before I took his hand in mine once again and took him up to my room. "And he's staying the night!" I yelled before slamming my door shut, locking it. Boy was I mad.

"Well that was uh-" Ryder trailed off but I cut him off.

"Your fault!" I said as I pushed him, making him take a step back and hit the wall, leaning on it.

"That was your fault! It's your fault that-" I was just started my angry rant but before I knew it, he pulled be by my waist and smashed his lips on mine. We were both mad and you could sense it. The kiss was rough, it was full of anger and frustration. He quickly pulled away and we started yelling at each other. "You don't think I know that it's my fault?!" he yelled.

"No, I don't think you do!" I screamed and argued.

"Well I do know it! I fucking know it and I can never forget it now!" he yelled at me. I pushed back at the wall, harder this time. "Ugh I hate you!" I screamed before crashing my lips on his. I was mad, really mad. And so was my kiss. And then so was our makeout. Once things started... escalating, I pulled away, gasping for air and left him with a soft kiss.

"I should seriously get you mad more often." he smirked against my lips.

"You should seriously shut up." I deadpanned.

"Make me." he dared.

"Nice try." I pushed myself off of him and grabbed my pyjamas and went to change. When I came back into my room, he was swinging back from his room to mine, now in a pair of grey sweatpants with nothing on top. Great. More distractions. "Distracted?" he flirted with me shamelessly. "You think? Look at that." I gestured my hand towards his abs.

"And look at that." he gestured towards my legs. I immediately ran and dove into my covers, making him laugh to himself. "You're adorable." he smiled as he lied into bed next to me.

"And you're annoying." I said as I got up to grab my book from my desk and then sat up in bed.

"And you're annoyingly adorable." he leaned in and kissed my cheek before sitting up next to me, going on his phone for a little bit. Not even 5 minutes went by, when he got bored of his phone and put it away. He grabbed my right hand and intertwined our fingers.

I pulled my hand away to flip the page, only to have Ryder smack the book out of my hands, sending it flying to the floor and have him grab my wrist and putting my hand back into his.

"What was that?" I asked as I looked at our hands and then up at him.

"That was getting rid of the thing that was keeping your focus away from me." he smiled goofily.

"You know on second thought I should have done that to Bella the other day." I mumbled, making him laugh. "Don't worry. I'm all yours." he chuckled before kissing my neck and then pulling me down to lie down with him. "Ryder, I'm about to ask you to do something very stupid even though I already know your answer." I said quietly. He waited for me to continue and so I did. "Don't go tomorrow. Don't disappear for two days." I said pleadingly.

"I have to. I'm sorry. I already told you, I don't have a choice." he whispered. "I'll be back by 11 day after tomorrow. You can meet me outside yours but you'll have to be careful and do everything I tell you to. Okay?" he asked and I immediately nodded my head, agreeing.

"Ryder, be very careful, please." I begged.

"Mia, I'll be fine. I just need you to promise me, that you won't ask people where I am and you won't go to my house and you won't look for me. Can you promise me that?" he asked.

"I promise." I stuck my pinky out. He chuckled and intertwined his pinky with mine before our thumbs touched. "Just so you know, I was serious when I said I should get you mad more often." he smirked. "Were you really? Because sometimes me being mad could just end up with you getting a slap to the face." I said challengingly.

"Well, maybe I meant I should get you to kiss me when you're mad more often." he smiled at me and I swear I melted. I'm falling in love with this boy.

Yes, I already love him but I think now, I'm falling in love with him. Like really falling.

He owns me. He could ask me to do anything and I'd blindly agree and do it. I know that the next two days my stress and anxiety will be through the roof at the thought of him getting hurt.

But he promised he wouldn't get hurt and that he'll come back fine.

And he wouldn't break his promise.

Right? He wouldn't.

Would he?

No, he wouldn't.