Chapter 29

Chapter 29: (Mia's POV)

Once they left my room, Ryder and I stayed in bed for a total of 30 seconds before Grace yelled for us to get down. "You're not paying. I am." he said as he got up after pecking my lips.

"You're all at my house. So I'm paying." I said as I got up and threw my hoodie back on which I took off before we fell asleep. "Well, I said I'm paying, so I am." he shrugged before he opened the door and began walking towards the stairs. I walked up behind him and jumped on his back. He shifted a little but quickly gripped me securely. "You're too lazy to walk down the stairs too?" he laughed as he began walking down the stairs. "Yes but just remember. Anything you can do, I can do bleeding." I pecked his cheek before hopping off once we reached where everyone was in the living room. Grace and Ethan were having a conversation of their own, while Daniel and Harper were making out. And I thought we were a touchy couple. 

"Why throw the hoodie on? I liked you better without it." Ryder smirked while following me into the kitchen where I went to grab some water. "Well then," I pulled my hoodie off, leaving me in the sports bra I was wearing under it. "Oh, not right now though." he said seriously before putting the hoodie over my head. "I thought you liked me better without it?" I teased as I downed my glass of water. "Not with others here." he smiled while he wiped my water-stash away with his thumb.

"Don't get her pregnant back there!" we heard Grace yell. I held in a laugh before we walked back into the living room. "You guys ordered the pizza?" I asked as Ryder walked over and took a seat on the floor, leaning against the couch, he patted the spot beside him where I went and sat down. "It should be here right about now." Ethan informed as he scrunched up his face in disgust while looking at Harper and Daniel. Just as he said that, the doorbell rang. "I'll get it." I huffed as I got up and walked over to the door, opening it, to reveal a guy with two boxes of pizza in his hand. "That'll be 20 dollars." he said as he handed me the boxes which I went and placed on the kitchen counter. "Let Ryder pay! His wallet is on the counter. Take the money!" I heard Daniel yell. 

Glad to know he was done swallowing my best friend's face. I grabbed Ryder's wallet and took out 20 dollars and handed them to guy just as I heard Ryder yell, "Mia don't-" but stop when he saw me looking at the photos of us that he had in his wallet. He quickly walked up to me and snatched his wallet back, shoving it in his pocket, leaving me grinning like an idiot. "You have pictures of us in your wallet?" I asked teasingly as I leaned into him.

"I don't know what you're talking about." he lied. Try again babe.

"Don't even. Why do you have pictures of us in your wallet. Who even took them?" I asked confused. "Harper did. I have them in there to remind me of how lucky I am to have you." he blushed.

"Awe, my baby is blushing." I squeezed his cheeks, making him smack my hand away and pin me to the front door. "You better not tell anyone. Only Daniel knows." he said in a low voice. "Why? You'd get embarrassed?" I arched an eyebrow at him challengingly.

"No. But like I said, only you get know about my sappy side." he smiled before giving me a quick kiss and taking the pizzas back to the living room. "You're such a cliche" I shook my head before I walked up sat down in between his legs, leaning my back on his chest while he rested his chin on my head. "Why are you guys suddenly acting so couple-ish?" Harper raised her eyebrows at us while Ryder kissed the side of my head.

"Didn't we just establish up there that they're in love?" Ethan asked confused. "They're together again. Aren't you?" he questioned with a knowing look. I simply took a bite out of a pizza slice while Ryder stayed quiet too, giving him his answer. "Don't get me started on you two." Ryder replied while pointing to Grace and Ethan, making Grace turn red. I've always known that she liked him but whenever she was questioned about it, she immediately shut the conversation down and told us we were hallucinating. Well, we're not hallucinating now are we? 

"Don't." Ethan warned before everyone fell into an awkward silence, and began eating pizza. We all ate the pizza in an annoying silence until Daniel broke it after we all finished eating. "We'll be on our way then." he said before he got up, hand in hand with Harper before they walked to and out the front door, with Ethan and Grace following. "And then there were two." I breathed as I tried to get up to put the boxes away. Emphasis on tried. I fell right back into my spot when I felt Ryder grab my waist and pull me back down. "Excuse me, can I help you?" I turned to look at him.

"Kiss me." he said as I turned my body so I was facing him.

"I beg your pardon." I scoffed as I rested my arms around his neck. He just sat there silently looking at me until my phone rang from the kitchen, making him groan.

"I'll be back." I said as I got up, grabbing the pizza boxes to throw away on the way. I saw that an unknown number was calling me, but I picked up anyway. "Hello?" I asked as I put my phone to my ear. "Is this Mia Stewart speaking?" I heard a familiar voice of a man asking through the phone. "Mr Wesley?" I asked as I thought of how similar the voice sounded to Shane's.

"Yes. I was hoping I could speak to you by yourself. Without Ryder there?" he asked.

"What is this about?" I asked as I threw the boxes in the trash.

"This is about Ryder, the debt, and the gang." he stated.

"I'm listening." I said as I waited for him to begin talking.

"There might be another way out of this for him. But you would play a very important part in it."

"What do I have to do?" I questioned immediately because it was clear in my mind that I would do anything to help Ryder out.

"I don't know how much you're willing to do for him, or how far you're willing to go." he said hesitantly. "Far enough. I care about him more than any other person in this world. He means everything to me and I would do anything for him." I said instantly because I had that down very clear in my mind. "I would prefer to meet you to have this conversation. 10am at the diner? But you can't tell Ryder." he asked me.

"Babe hurry!" I heard Ryder yell.

"I'll see you then." I quickly said into the phone before going back to Ryder.

"What took you so long?" he asked as I sat down in his lap, straddling him while I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Nothing. I just got a call."

"Who called you?" he asked before he pressed his lips to mine.

"It was a wrong number." I lied before kissing him again, a little longer.