『04』Unexpected Car Ride

Unexpected Car Ride

Dedicated to Hugzattack for writing her first fanfic about OHSHC!

Edited

The next morning when I got up, I felt like I was in a haze. The light that shined through my window was duller, as were the colors of the world that surrounded me. I wouldn't let myself even think that they were the reason for my sluggish mood. I wouldn't allow them to have such satisfaction. I did my normal routine: Shower, blow drying my hair, getting dressed in whatever I felt like that day, which when I rummaged through my clothes, I did happen to see my turquoise bikini in the pile, and I hesitated. Should I put it on under my clothes just for the heck of it? There wasn't any reason to of course, but you never know right?

I decided to go ahead and put it on underneath whatever clothes I decided to wear, which ended up being a plain black shirt, and a pair of evergreen cargo shorts, with a pair of black Converse on my feet to seal the deal. Looking in the mirror, I sighed and headed into the kitchen for the next step in my morning routine: breakfast, which ended up being cereal and milk, a fine choice if I say so myself. I would be lying if I said I sat and watched the news, no I was more of a cartoons kind of girl. So, I watched an old Scooby Doo rerun, but it was interesting to hear it in Japanese. After that, I looked at the clock. It was now noon on a Saturday and I was being a bum.

Maybe I could go for a walk to clear my head. Taking a deep breath, I shut off the television and the lights, grabbed my camera, in case I saw anything interesting, (grandpa wanted a lot of pictures to keep him up to date), locked up the apartment and slipped the key into my pocket before proceeding down the steps and out of the complex. The camera was snug on my waist, attached to a belt loop in its own little carrying case, for convenient easy to reach access. I was about to step out onto the sidewalk when I stopped, shocked to see what awaited me on the other side of the street.

The twins were leaning against a limousine, sunglasses on and impatient looks on their faces like they'd never had to wait on anyone in their lives. I was stunned. How the hell did they know where I lived?!

"Bout time," Hikaru bellowed. "Next time Haruhi tells us to pick you up, we're refusing."

How long had they been waiting for me? Were they seriously too lazy to knock on my door? I mean, if they stalked me enough to know where my building was, what was an apartment number to them? Wait... why did I care? "I'm not going." I mumbled putting on my earphones and started down the street.

It was their turn to be shocked, but only for a second. Next thing I know, I'm getting picked up and thrown into the back of the limo. If a cop would have been around, I swear they would've been questioned! Yanking my earphones out of my ears, I yelled, "What the hell is your guys' problem?!"

"You're being as hostile as ever..." Kaoru noticed.

"Really, usually we don't have to work this hard." Hikaru said running his fingers through his hair.

I was sitting, facing them both while they sat side by side as they always did: Kaoru on the left, Hikaru on the right. I scooted over to the window, and put my earphones back in my ears, turning up my music loud enough to ignore them.

From the corner of my eye, I could see them both look over at each other suspiciously. Guess they weren't bright enough to guess that I was still mad about yesterday, or too egotistical to blame themselves for once in their lives. As I stared blankly out the window watching the scenery rush by, I closed my eyes just letting the lyrics filter through my head. I felt someone sit beside me and tried with all my might to ignore it, when I suddenly got the chills. I turned toward them quickly because one of them blew on my neck! As I expected it was Hikaru, who was leaning into me and smirking just as he always did.