『08』Invitation

Invitation

Dedicated to xXIIIFFHeartsx for becoming a supporter of this story!

Edited

The next morning was Sunday, and usually that was my lazy day where I cleaned up the apartment and did my laundry, that sort of thing. Today would be different though; today I would walk into my kitchen after a nice shower, with my hair wrapped in a towel and no make up on my face except maybe the left over eyeliner from yesterday and then heard a knock at the door. It caught me off guard; I was just about to make some French toast for breakfast.

Pulling off the towel, I rapidly ran my fingers through my hair in all directions, which gave it a messy look, and opened the door. My faced turned a bright red when my eyes locked onto Hikaru's, who was standing right in front of the door with Kaoru peaking over his shoulder.

"Wow, wet hair looks nice on you Yankee." Hikaru teased reaching out for a strand of my hair and twisting it around his index finger.

I pulled back and that gave them the initiative to come in. Slowly, out of reflex, I closed the door behind me, and watched as they sat down on my couch like the day before.

"What are you two doing here?" I asked with an annoyed tone.

"We we bored at home," answered Kaoru.

"So we decided to come and spend the day with you," Hikaru continued.

"Oh boy..." I mumbled, slowly walking back into the kitchen. Even though I didn't expect it, the twins being here somehow made this Sunday a little more exciting.

"What cha making?" Kaoru asked curiously, following me into the kitchen.

"Just some simple French toast; nothing fancy like you're used to." I answered.

"I've never had that before..." I looked over to see him looking as cutely curious as ever and I actually blushed from it.

Hikaru came into the kitchen next, examining his surroundings as he went, "Why don't you make us some too?" He asked.

"I will if you want me to," I said, tilting my head a little.

"Please and thank you," Kaoru said, as he pulled himself up onto the counter, sitting like a child would watching his mother cook.

I began preparations for our breakfast, French toast didn't take that long, but I knew it was really filling like pancakes or waffles, so I didn't make a whole lot of extra. I made the table, and they both sat down and took a bite. I was nervous of their reactions, but they both seemed to honestly like it, "Where did you learn to cook?" asked Kaoru.

I sat down and took a bite. "Well, my mom taught me a few things when she could, but mostly I had to teach myself." I said with a nod.

The twins looked at each other, and then back at me, Kaoru was afraid to ask this next question, but he couldn't  help but wonder, "What was you mother like?"

I paused for a moment, and I think they thought I was offended by them, "My mom... she was a strong person, she never gave up, even after dad died after only a year being married. I didn't know my dad that well, but mom always said I look just like him. Mom was working two jobs, so I didn't get to spend a great deal of time with her. Every once and a while, she'd take a weeks vacation though while I was off for the summer, I always looked forward to it, because instead of my mom being the stereotyped workaholic, she would actually put forth the effort to make sure we had a good time," I paused again, smiling to myself and chuckled a little before I continued.