♡17: Breakdown

Breakdown

unedited

The next day in 1st period, Chase and I spoke with each other about last night's math homework. He offered to look them over if I had any questions, so I hesitantly handed him my paper, assuming I'd get about every one of them wrong.

"Wow," Chase murmured.

"That bad huh?" I asked.

"No, actually, you got 3 of the 24 wrong." he said, beaming a smile at me.

I was a bit disappointed, "That's still a lot in my eyes." I groaned.

"Then we'll fix them really quick before the paper is due." He said with a nod, scooting his desk over to mine and one by one, helped me through each problem.

I got a 100% on that paper.

When it was lunch time, we met up again.

"Hey, who was that guy you were walking with yesterday?" he asked curiously.

"Oh, Hikaru? He's one of my best friends." I replied.

"He didn't seem to like me talking to you," He mumbled.

"Don't mind Hikaru, he's just a bit protective." What an understatement.

"Why? Not like he's your boyfriend." He said, tilting his head, "Do you have a boyfriend?"

"Uh," I almost choked on my sandwich,"Why?" I managed to ask.

"Just curious," he said, leaning back in his chair, and then grinned, "I need help with the history homework, think we could go to the library after school for a while and hit the books? I could really use your help."

I stared at him for a bit wondering what my odds were not of upsetting the twins if I was about an hour late to the Host Club, "Sure." I replied. I knew I'd regret that.

After the dismissal bell, I bounded out of the classroom, with Chase behind, "Ready to go?"

I looked down the hall to see Kaoru leaning against the wall to escort me to the club, "Um," I mumbled.

Chase caught on when he followed my line of sight, "Oh, him again huh? He must really have a thing for you." Obviously, he mistook Kaoru for Hikaru.

"I'll meet you there okay?" I asked.

"Suit yourself." He shrugged walking off.

I slowly walked up to Kaoru and he raised an eyebrow, "Is that the boy Hikaru told me about?" he asked.

I sighed, "Yes, and he needs help on history homework. I promised him I'd study with him for an hour at the library. Do you mind if I'm a little late?" I asked, with puppy eyes.

He looked down at the floor, but when his eyes met mine, he put a smile on his face, and shook his head," No, go ahead."

I hugged him tightly in response, "You're amazing!" I complimented.

He returned my embrace and kissed me on the forehead, "Be careful." He said, before walking away.

He was just as suspicious, I could see it in his eyes, hear it in his voice, and feel it in his embrace.

Kaoru returned to the Third Music Room to find his brother waiting patiently by the door. When Kaoru came back alone, Hikaru grew very irritated. 

"He asked her to study with him," Kaoru shrugged.

"And that doesn't bother you?!" boomed Hikaru.