♡18: Iris

Iris

unedited

It was so nice to have things back to normal. A week had passed since the whole Chase epidemic and just when I thought that I had all the time in the world to spend with the twins... 

"You're going on a trip?" I asked.

"That's right," nodded Kaoru, sitting beside his brother. It was after hosting hours, and we were all just lounging around, "We'd take you with us but-"

"Mother said it was a 'family' thing." finshed Hikaru, "both our parents took some time off, so they could spend quality time with us."

"Oh," I murmured, "how long will you be gone?"

"Only for a week," said Kaoru, giving a reassuring smile.

"You won't have to live too long without us." nodded Hikaru with a smirk.

"What about the Host Club?" I asked.

"We talked to Kyouya about it already. He said he'd let out hosts venture elsewhere for the week until we returned." answered Kaoru.

"When do you leave?" I questioned, unsure I wanted to know the answer.

"Sunday." They both said in unison.

For some reason, even though it was only a week, my heart sank knowing that I had tomorrow to spend with them until then.

"Where are you going, if I may ask?" I wondered.

"You neighbor Canada," said Hikaru.

"Why there?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Our mother likes to ski." shrugged Kaoru.

"Take plenty of pictures." I instructed.

Kaoru laughed, "Alright."

"We'll come see you Sunday morning before our flight if you like." said Hikaru.

"I'd like that, but don't frustrate your parents. I don't want to be a burden." I answered, messing with the tie of my uniform, trying not to look at them directly.

"We want to see you before we go." said Kaoru.

"We'd stay the night tonight, but our parents are being over bearing and want us to stay home, so we can pack and such," said the annoyed Hikaru, waving his hand in the air like it was nothing new.

"It's all right you guys, as long as I know you're having a good time, that's all that matters to me." I said, smiling.

"Come on, we'll give you a ride home." said Hikaru rising to his feet, with Kaoru following suit.

I stood up and walked to their limo with them. The whole ride home I couldn't stop thinking about what I'd do for a whole week without them. They could see I was in deep thought, so they didn't break my concentration. They just stayed huddled up close on either side of me and salvaged as much of my warmth as they could get. I almost fell asleep being wrapped in their blanket of love, but just as I was about to be in dreamland, reality tapped me on the shoulder and whispered, "You're home." Reality sounded just like Hikaru.

When they drove off, I watched them disappear into the distance, before turning and walking to my door. They usually walked me to my door at least, maybe I did something wrong. When I got inside, all I wanted to do was sleep, so I fell on my bed and clocked out at 6PM. Not like I had anything to do better to do. Until Sunday morning came around when I'd see them again, I had all the time in the world.

 『Time Skip』

Saturday morning rolled around, so I followed my routine, and then did some laundry. For the rest of the time, I finished up homework and watched some T.V. By the time that was all said and done, it was only 1 o'clock. I was already bored to tears. Maybe I could call them... no, that would be bothersome. They hadn't even left yet and I was already going mad!