♡23: Hikaru Hitachiin

Alternate Ending 1

Note: This is an alternate ending. There will be two alternate endings, and one final ending. Please keep that in mind as you read. Enjoy!

unedited

When Monday rolled around, I felt miserable. I hardly paid attention to my classes, and found myself dreading the last bell. I didn't want to go to the Host Club. I didn't even want to be here at Ouran. I should have stayed home, but since I already had the Friday before I didn't want them to assume I was skipping school. Even if that would be partially correct.

The dismissal bell rang, but I stayed in my seat. The room cleared out quickly, but I remained. My gaze focused on the window beside me. The teacher called out my name, and I jumped. Slowly rising from my seat, I gathered my stuff, and exited the classroom. My last class was on the top floor of the building, so I took each step down the staircases very slowly. When I reached ground level, I was only a couple turns away from the exit. Somehow, this felt vaguely familiar.

Turning the corner, it made me remember what this reminded me of. Hikaru was waiting for me to turn that corner. He stood there leaning against the wall, staring back at me. An expression I could not read. In this fight or flight situation, my feet said "RETREAT" so of course, I turned the other way, and took of running. History was doomed to repat itself, as he followed once again. Grabbing my wrist , he had me pinned to the wall once more. His palms now pressed above my head, against the wall.

"Why are you running away?" he growled.

I couldn't speak. I had forgotten how to.

"Look..." he murmured, "we need to talk."

I didn't want to talk. I wanted to run. Couldn't he see that?

He looked down at his feet, irritation seemed to be clouding his eyes. He was having a hard time formulating his thoughts into words. "I..." He looked into my eyes. His cheeks started to become filled with red.

My eyes started to shimmer, but my stomach was churning painfully.

"I love you." he whispered, nearly choking.

I started to cry, my face hung ashamed. For some reason this hurt me, "Why...?" I whimpered. "Why do you love me Hikaru?!" My eyes shot up to his. "All I do is hurt you. You, and Kaoru both. Why would anymore like you, want anything to do with someone like me?"

He was taken back by my words, but only for a moment. "Because," he relied, and placed his hands to hold my face, "You called me Hikaru." With that, he indulged in my lips. I couldn't understand it, but it made me melt. He pressed me gently against the wall, because he knew me well enough to know my knees were about to buckle beneath the spell he always put me under. After which he held me in an embrace, me head resting on his shoulder, as I faintly continued to cry.

My breathing started to even out. I couldn't feel hostile while he held me this way. Our hearts were beating at the same time. "I love you Chelsea." he murmured again.

"Only if you mean it." I recalled hime saying so long ago.

Pulling back so I could look into his eyes, I replied, "I love you too Hikaru."

That's when he did something I don't think I've ever seen him do. The cold, little cocky smirk he used always flash before me softened into a gentle smile. It was so genuine. So clean, and full of happiness. I helped grant a beautiful smile, and was so lucky to be the one to see it. I never wanted to see it fade away. It was so breathtaking, I had to kiss him. I had to hold him tiht, and let go only when he wanted me to.

And I don't want the world to see me,

'Cause I don't think that they'd understand.

When everything's made to be broken, 

I just want you to know who I am.

~Iris, The Goo Goo Dolls