♡25: Three's A Charm

Finale

Note: You've all been waiting for it, and here it is! The real ending. Enjoy!

unedited

Monday's are always so depressing. And in my current situation, it was almost unbearable to sit in every class, only to half listen to what the teacher's were saying. My focus was elsewhere. It was on the twins. Now that Kaoru had basically given up on me, I assumed Hikaru would be the next to have a little talk with me. I honestly didn't know what to expect, but I'd avoid the both of them like the plague for as long as possible until I could actually get my head on straight.

I recalled subconsciously that the Host Club was doing something special today, in the second ballroom instead of the Third Music Room. I think it was something to do with a small dance. Nothing fancy, but Tamaki got the bright idea of having Haruhi teach the other hosts, and the ladies how to do different commoner dances. Since they'd all be off elsewhere, I figured I could go to the Third Music Room for a while, and just bask in the silence. I wasn't ready to go home yet. At least the Music Room would have a Hitachiin feel to it.

When I walked in, I paused, and let the remembrance of the word "Welcome" greet me. I then continued to walk slowly, my every step making a small, graceful clatter as it hit the ground. I tossed my school bag on one of the crimson sofas, and started to loosen my tie. Of course I was near the station the twins had always decided to choose. All those brotherly love moments  had seemed to march into my brain, replay, and another would follow. It made me smile a little. No matter what the situation, they could always make me smile.

I shook off the Ouran blazer, and tossed it onto the couch. Pulling a brush out of my bag, I started to run it through my hair, picking out the knots, and making it silky straight again. Tossing it back into the bag, I went over to the nearby window, where two chairs remained. The twins always pouted here when they were bored... well they were bored often, so some of the time. I sat down in Hikaru's chair, slouched down, and propped my feet up on Kaoru's chair. I just wanted to fall asleep. Too much had been running through  my mind that day, and I could barely process sounds anymore. I stared up at the ceiling, wondering how the twins must have looked doing "commoner dances" right now. What a treat it would have been to see them do the chicken dance. I almost remembered how to laugh in that instant, but restrained. My dry throat hurt at the sensation of laughter.

Standing up, a little wobbly, I started to pace around the room. Not for any reason in particular, just because my body was restlessly unkind, and wouldn't let me fall asleep. Eventually I kicked off those uncomfortable contraptions they call shoes, and continued a slow stride. What was I doing here? This was just too weird. It was like I was waiting around for something that would never happen. Like that was what I had been doing the entire time being here.

I threw myself down on the couch, and stared up at the ceiling again. Hugging one of the cushions, it had the remains of Kaoru's scent left on it. I needed help. This was sickening. Closing my eyes for a moment, I swore I heard something, but my eyes wouldn't open. They had fought too hard to get me close to them in the first place. Finally a index finger prodded at my stomach, and I leapt up in response. I was very ticklish after all. I put the Pillsbury Dough Boy to shame.

"So you are alive then." Stated Hikaru, who was staring back at me, with Kaoru right beside him. My eyes went back and forth between them, and I froze. I needed to get up, and run. Should I grab my things? No, that would only slow me down. Retreat! Run like hell! I jumped up from the couch, and started to turn and withdraw, but they each grabbed an arm, and pulled me back onto the couch, basically pinning me down.

"Stop struggling and let us talk." Hikaru murmured. He looked over to Kaoru, as if trying to get him to speak.

"Listen Chelsea..." Kaoru whispered, "I... know what I said yesterday was painful." I started to squirm. I didn't want to hear this.

"Let me go, please just let me leave. I didn't want to run into you two. Not this soon." I argued.

"If you didn't, then why did you wait here for us for so long?" wondered Hikaru.

I checked the clock on the wall to see that what I figured was only a few minutes with my eyes closed was actually a couple hours. It was nearly six o' clock! "I wasn't waiting here... I was just-"

"Then what were you doing?" Hikaru continued to ask. And I couldn't answer. Maybe I was hoping they'd come. If I got to see them, even for a second, I'd be happy.

"I..." I couldn't speak a clear sentence now.

"Would you be willing... to let us share you?" asked Kaoru.

I paused, completely struck frozen. This was out of nowhere. How did we go from me falling asleep on the couch to some bold statement like that?!

"We talked about it..." muttered Hikaru.

"And we decided that... if we both loved you, and since we've always been close anyways, why not we just share you? Since we sort of have from the beginning away." explained Kaoru.

"We know that by making you choose..." Hikaru started.

"That it would only make one of us hurt, and make you feel guilty, because your heart holds something special for the both of us." Subconsciously, I reached for the necklace they gave me as Kaoru spoke, "So Chelsea... there's something that we'd like to say." They looked at each other, and then, constricted themselves around me like they always did before. Both of them had selected an ear to put their lips beside, "I love you." cooed Kaoru.

"And I love you." hissed Hikaru lustfully.

"And we want to be with you." They both said at once.

My head was starting to spin. I didn't deserve this... was this a joke? A charade? Something thought up to get back at me? But their words were so clear. So genuine. That's when I felt them press their soft lips against my cheeks, and I swooned.

They had come to find me here. Both of them together. How I've always remembered them since day one. Always side by side. Always together. I wanted so badly to stand beside them. To see their hidden smiles, and be blessed by their laughter. I became the center of their universe. They weren't satisfied if they didn't make me squirm.  If they didn't make me see they they really did see me. That I would be forgotten. They made sure to always leave a memory behind with me, to keep me company until they returned. They always came looking for me.

"If you won't stay with us, no matter how many times you run away.... we'll always come looking for you."

Kaoru meant those words, and Hikaru believed in them too. They'd keep that promise for as long as I wanted them to which would be forever if I could withstand the test of time for as long as possible.

"Kaoru, Hikaru...." I said, looking back from one to the other. "I love you... the both of you. If you two are willing to share me... I'm willing to be shared. Do with me what you will... because honestly I can't see myself with anyone else." I closed my eyes and thought about it, and they held me tighter. This ws an unfathomable warmth. It starts inside the hear, and extends until it has you cradled closely.

Nothing had changed. Thankfully, with a few speed bumps, we all remained the same.

Tightly intertwined.

Frayed at the ends.

Close from the start.

Sown together at the heart.

Outcast no more.

To love is to adore.

One plus two is three.

Togther we'll always be.