Chapter Eight

(A/N: Yikes! Sorry. Long chapter. Er... enjoy? Hopefully, you appreciate more content, amirite? Also, this chapter took me an hour to write. Just... I'm going to go to bed now. I don't know what my crazy ass is doing awake. Goodnight, everyone! Love ya'll!) 

   Once more, Rarity sat at her usual lunch table along with her friends. She smiled at them. "So... good news! I signed up for recovery therapy with my parents last night!"

   Rarity's friends looked immensely relieved and exchanged smiles with one another.

   "That's great, Rarity," Sunset Shimmer said. "We're glad you're taking the steps to getting better."

   "I hope to see a smile on your face again!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed. She paused as she realized that Rarity looked confused. "A genuine one, I mean."

   Rarity was touched. "Aw, thank you, Pinkie. And I'm glad that you girls are so understanding. You've all been so thoughtful. How can I ever repay you?"

   "You don't need to repay us, Rarity," Twilight told her. "That's what friends do."

   The rest of them nodded and made sounds of general agreement.

   As lunch continued, the topic of the conversation began to shift over to the Fall Formal. It was only a month away and all of the girls were excited for it.

   "Are you planning on asking anybody?" Sunset Shimmer inquired. "I hear it's girl's choice this time. Flash and I are on good terms again and I'm going to ask him if he wants to go as friends."

   "I didn't have anybody in mind," Twilight replied. "I was just hoping to go to the Formal and spend time with all of you."

   "And we'll spend plenty of time together, don't ya worry," Applejack said. "But if you do find someone you wanna ask, don't let us stop ya."

   Twilight giggled. "I won't."

   Pinkie Pie put her hand upon her chin and gazed down at the table. "I mean, there is someone that I want to ask, but... I don't know what to say."

   "Well... what's his name?" Rarity wondered.

   Pinkie Pie blushed. "Actually... she's not even a... boy."

   "There's a girl you'd like to ask?" Rarity said.

   "And there's nothing wrong with that," Applejack said, quickly. She smiled at Pinkie. "What's her name?"

   "I'm... not actually comfortable with saying that right now, but... she's adorable!" Pinkie Pie said with a giggle. "She's got the cutest smile and the cutest little wrinkle in her nose when she laughs. She's also got really beautiful eyes and her hair is just... perfect! Like, how do you get hair like that? I want hair like that, girlfriend!"

   The rest of Pinkie Pie's friends laughed, excluding Twilight. Twilight gave Pinkie Pie a distant smile. Rarity noticed that Twilight looked bothered, but decided not to say anything.

   "Well hope you end up asking her, Pinkie," Rainbow Dash said. "She sounds like a pretty cool gal."

   Pinkie Pie giggled. "Thanks, Rainbow."

   "Anywho, yeah, Fall Formal sounds like a mighty good time, but it's a month away," Applejack said. "We've got time to prepare. We'll talk about it later."

   "Yeah, I'm not all that interested in going to the Fall Formal anyway," Rainbow Dash said.

   "You aren't?" Fluttershy asked. "Oh, I think it would be nice."