Part 18

Unlike Louis who was practically running, I'm merely walking towards the kitchen, but still hastily. Not that I'm not curious about his issue, but I have left the habit of running around the house since I was very young. Mother didn't like it. She said if I want people to stop treating me like I'm a little kid, then I should stop acting like one. And of course, I took it seriously.

I hear the water starts as I come nearer. And when I eventually enter the kitchen, I see him putting something in the sink.

"What is it, Lou?" I'm closing our distance.

"This? Oh, I've finished my drink so I wash the glass since Ellie is still busy doing laundry." He starts soaping the glass.

WHAT?? A dirty glass? He has abruptly parted our kiss and broken our intimate moment, for a mere stupid glass? Great. Never in my life, have I felt such a strong urge to just kill an innocent glass even though I know it isn't even alive. Clenching my fists, I take a deep breath to calm my self down. Just enough so I won't simply snatch the glass and crash it to the ground right before his eyes. Louis seems to notice my expression changing. He observes me with worried eyes after he's done with the glass and dries his hands with a paper towel.

"Something wrong, William?"

I let out a snort of cynical laughter in reflex. "Was that the reason why you ran here in such haste? To wash a f*cking glass? Seriously, Lou, we were kissing! Or was it just your excuse to avoid us being that close? You don't like me that much, huh? Tell me you don't like me!" Tell me and let me know that the best way to take you is by force.

"No, William. Not like that." He looks frightened now. But I don't care.

"Then what?!" I realize that I am really upset right now.

"Wh- what really happened was.. Uh.." Confusion is coloring his face. Either he is confused about why I become upset or how he should explain.

Then it comes over me that I might frighten him a little bit more than necessary. So, I reach my hand out to caress his cheek, not only to make him calm down but also myself. "Speak, Baby." I lower my voice. But it doesn't make it any less vicious.

"Please don't get mad at me." He begs. "I ran here because I forgot that I was in the middle of baking, and I thought I've burnt it. But then I realized the oven is automatic, so I thought washing my glass would kill some time while we wait for the cakes to cool down."

Wait. What? I don't think he gave me too many information at the same time. But my brain seems to be unable to process them as fast as usual. Or is it because I didn't expect his answer to be like that? Like... What did he say? Did he say something about baking? Cakes?

"What?" That's what I manage to respond him with. Now it's my turn to be confused.

Then Louis walks towards the oven. Looks like it was already switched off few minutes ago. Louis is proceeding to take out its content with his mitten-covered hands. A sweet scent is filling the air as he opens the oven lid. He takes the tray from the inside and shows it to me.

"I... I bake some chocolate lava since I thought it's too early to cook dinner. I hope you... uh... don't mind." He stutters nervously.

"Wh- What?" I feel like becoming a complete idiot who doesn't know how to give a proper response.

He puts the tray on the kitchen counter and starts placing those cakes into a plate. "I was considering cupcakes, but Ellie said you don't have the icing." He brings his plated cakes and places it on the table nearby me. He searches my face again. I bet he can only find shock in it. "Oh, my God, I knew you wouldn't like it. I'm so sorry. I don't even know if you like chocolate." He starts to worry.