Part 20

"Is it here?" I ask for direction.

"Yes. The house with red roof is mine. Pull over there."

I find his house is kind of interesting. Not only the roof, even the door frame and windowsills are all painted in red. That makes them look bold on the gray wall. And although the building is rather small, it sends a warmer homey feeling than my house does. Is it because the parents are still around? Or maybe something else?

"Come on. Let's get inside." Louis gets out of the car. I follow soon.

"Louis." Someone calls Louis as we walk to the front door. I see a tall guy jogging closer from behind. He is Tim.

"Hey, Tim." Louis smiles at him.

"Where have you been? I thought you went home right after I texted you to take a bus since I can't drive you home." Tim asks. He glances at me with an undefinable expression.

Tch. What kind of question is that? Louis is better not answering. I mean, who is he? He is not his boyfriend. I bet he never even kissed Louis the way I did! So what is his problem?

"Yeah.. But then I asked William to take me home. And he didn't mind. So, here we are now. Home."

"At this hour?" Tim frowns at Louis' answer.

What is he doing pushing my baby like that? Oh, come on. If Louis isn't here, I would have punched him right in the face. Since when does this freaking nerd become so nosy? Or is it how he truly is?

"Truth to be told, Tim. We had a nice private cake time together before I take him home." I jump into the conversation nonchalantly. Louis widens his eyes from surprise. "Right, Baby?"

"William-" Louis is trying to find words for his sentence, but he seems failed.

"Where?" Tim asks again.

"My house. Or should I say my bedroom, Lou?" I send a wicked grin to Louis. I know he must be a little confused by my attitude right now. He is probably wondering what my true intention is, why I should talk to Tim that way. Like some jealous boyfriend trying to build borders just to make sure that another boys will always keep their hands away from his property. Property? Yes, I like how that sounds.

"William, stop joking. You're making him confused." Louis gestures towards his best friend. I respond him with a chuckle. "Tim, don't listen to that." He adds.

"Alright." Tim nods but his gaze is still fixed on me for a short seconds before he shifts it to Louis. "I guess I have to go home now that I know you are safe and home."

With that, he bids us 'good bye' and 'see you later'. Although he is trying to be civil with me, his eyes are enough to tell me that he has a trust issue and somewhat suspicion towards me. Am I really that suspicious? Or that obvious perhaps? Whatever. I don't care even the slightest.