💜Chapter 16💜

💜Third POV

Silence was filling the car, nobody talked or took the initiative to do so. One would think that it was an awkward atmosphere to be in, but for them it seemed to just be a peaceful one.

Skull who decided to stay in the seats behind watched the landscape moving, his head up in the clouds not caring about his surrounding. Fon was doing the same, but still stayed alert contrary to Skull who was in bye bye lands. Reborn was the one driving so his focus was on the road.

Everything was like that until they arrived in a town, Reborn parked the car somewhere next to the pedestrian road.

"We arrived? That was quite a long travel, why did you take us here Reborn?" Skull said as he stretched his back until he heard a satisfying crack.

"Is it Luce who asked you to do a commission? Are we short on something at the mansion?" Fon asked as he smoothed his clothes.

"Luce didn't ask me anything, I came here out of my own decision."

This sentenced made Skull even more perplexed, he thought that Reborn wasn't the kind of being scared or anxious about going out alone. It shouldn't be something serious otherwise he would probably would have asked someone else.

"Did you get short on diapers and you got too shy on asking new ones to the nurses?" Skull blurted out.

At that Reborn turned around and glared at Skull with all his might before sighing. Skull felt even more strange, he expected to see Reborn pulling out his gun and yelling "I'll kill you!".

Fon who stayed silent, was also a bit confused on how Reborn was reacting. When he looked down, he could see Reborn's hand forming a fist as if restraining himself to strangle Skull. At this sight, he smiled and looked at Reborn with amusement.

"Anyway, we will be stopping at a Cafe, for this exceptional day I will be paying." He grumbled as he walked away while making a sign for them to follow him.

Skull looked speechless at the retreating back of Reborn and turned his head back at Fon with a questionable gaze.

"I am dreaming right? Is he the Reborn we know? I don't know if I should be shocked about the fact he is paying our meal or he didn't get mad about what I just said."

Fon shrugged as confused as Skull and followed Reborn who was getting father away.

"Let's follow him, otherwise we'll lose him in the crowds." Fon stated as he walked forward while dodging some passerby.

"True." Skull muttered as he followed behind Fon like a chick following his mother.

The two of them followed the fast walking Reborn, but Skull who had been rudely woken up early felt himself going sluggish. His pace was slow and he didn't have the motivation to go faster.

"Reborn!" He yelled as he got tired of him walking so fast.

Reborn stopped when got called and turned around with an annoyed expression.

"Can you walk a bit slower? I'm feeling all sluggish, you woke me up too early and I haven't eaten anything expect a candy." Skull complained.

Reborn sighed while Fon chuckled a bit as if amused by this situation. They both walked back, Skull was surprised when he saw both of them holding out their hands toward him. Reborn and Fon looked at each other, and the expression they were making couldn't be read.

"Thanks" Skull said as he smiled while he hesitantly took both hands.

It was weird because he only knew them superficially, which meant only on the surface.
They never really see each other a lot, apart from the past bonding moment Luce forced to place during the weekend. But she stopped doing it after the incident. She seemed to have realized that relationship couldn't be forced, no matter what. Time and respect would be the one doing the job.