2. wounds

. . .

EVAN WOLFE

My whole body feels like it is burning, I was so drawn to him. I couldn't take my eyes off his body, his face. Not even sparing a look at the rest of his pack that stand behind him.

His face was chiseled, boys would die for bone structure like that. Two titanium piercings sit in either side of his nose, one is a stud and the other a small ring. He raises his large hands to clasp each other, thick rings on his long fingers.

Jaxon pats him on the back and turns around to face us. "Everyone," he says loudly. "This is Caleb and his pack, our grandparents used to be in the same pack when they were children."

Caleb smiles towards Jaxon, then his eyes dart around the clearing to look at everyone. His green eyes settle on mine for a second before he looks back to Jaxon and Kayden.

My heart sinks into my stomach, he didn't even acknowledge me.

I lower my eyesight as embarrassment and rejection crashes over me like a tonne of bricks. My eyes felt heavy and my body felt like it was going to crumble into a million tiny pieces.

"We were just about have a game of tag to warm up for training," Jaxon informs Caleb and his pack. "Would you like to join us?"

I grit my teeth at his words and look down to my feet.

"Sure, we love a bit of competition," his voice was deep and dark and sounded like sex.

Not that I've ever had sex but he could do things to me with that voice.

The hairs on my arms stand up again, I quickly wrap my hands around my arms to hide my goosebumps. My body shudders and I clamp my eyes shut so tightly it felt like my skin was going to rip open.

Jaxon's laugh fill the air. "As do we," he says. "We'll give you a head start, you might need it."

Caleb chuckles back to him and it was the most beautiful thing I had ever heard. "Trust me we don't," he says, his voice dripping in confidence. "But we'll take it."

I glance up quickly to look at the scene before me, there was no way in hell I was going to be able to focus on playing a game of tag whilst I knew my mate was playing amongst us.

My head was all over the place, the burning pain in my heart is what made it harder.

Caleb and his pack began to race off through the trees.