4. anger

EVAN WOLFE

After I prayed to the moon goddess, I fell into a deep sleep. I wake up feeling lost, like I had been asleep for eternity. The clock read 10:34PM.

Damn I had missed most of the day.

My stomach rumbles and I quickly throw off the bed sheet covers and make my way downstairs. I needed to eat to help recover and build strength again, my body felt physically weak.

No one should be awake at this time because I know Jaxon had worked the pack out hard and I don't doubt that they're all absolutely exhausted.

All the lights are off downstairs and I feel glad that I'm alone, I switch on the lights under the counters and proceed to the fridge.

My eyes scan all the food but I didn't fancy any of it. I wanted pop tarts.

When I find the chocolate flavoured box I pull it down from the cupboard and place two into the toaster. I wait patiently beside it and begin to fumble with my fingers.

Turning back around to get a plate down, I place it onto the counter.

When I look round to the toaster I instantly jump out of my skin. Caleb stands in front of me leaning back into the kitchen island, my body shakes at his presence.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I ask, my voice wobbles slightly.

Caleb's eyes are hard and trained on mine. He removes himself from the island and walks agonisingly slow towards me.

My initial reaction is to move away from him until I'm backed up against the wall.

Caleb looks down to me like a small child and I despised feeling this weak compared to him. "If you tell anyone that we are mates I will make your life hell," he grounds out to me, never missing a beat in his voice.

I can't help but scoff at his words, confidence completely taking over my whole body. The words "make your life hell" triggered me. I had already experienced what a living hell was like and was I strong to survive it.

"When will you get it into your thick skull that I couldn't give a shit that you're my mate." I push my chest out up to his, I wasn't going to cower away from him.

Caleb growls out at my words and steps even closer to me. He's trying to intimidate me and it isn't working. "Don't you dare disrespect me like that," his eyes turn dark and they flick between mine rapidly.

I laugh sourly. "What? Like how you've disrespected me?"

"I'd keep that fucking mouth shut pups," Caleb grits his teeth at me, anger was building up inside him like there was no tomorrow. The veins in his neck were protruding out of his skin, he was trying to keep his wolf at bay.

My body was enjoying the feeling of being able to get under his skin, I could make him this angry.

So I shrug at his threat which only angers him more, his fists ball at his sides. "You don't want me as your mate so realistically you're nothing to me. Regardless of the fact that you're an alpha, but you're not my alpha and you never will be."

Caleb lets out his wolfs growl and slams his hand down onto the wall right beside my head, I don't flinch. I maintain his stare. He wasn't going to win this game.