heart .48

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily.

PS. Please read the authors note at the end. Thank you x

CALEB VELLA

Lucy gives my fingers a gentle squeeze, I resist the urge to open my eyes and peer around the room. So instead I stick to what she said and keep my eyes shut. Lucy's thumbs rub over the backs of my hands and within a second it felt like someone was inside my head.

It didn't hurt and it didn't feel intrusive, it felt like a cloud flying through my mind. I didn't have to think about anything or force myself to, I could already feel that she was doing it herself.

Minutes tick by and my hands begin to feel clammy with the anticipation of what Lucy is going to say. My patience gets the better of me and for a brief second I open my eyes slightly which results in Lucy shooting her own open at me.

She looks startled and stares back at me, her brows pulling into a frown as her eyes flick between mine.

Eventually she drops my hands and quickly swipes the back of her hand over her forehead, it was like she was trying to gather all the information and didn't know where to start.

"Did you see?" I whisper quietly.

Lucy's eyes find mine again and she nods slowly. "Yeah," she says softly. "I saw everything."

"Is everything okay?" Jaxon asks as he steps forward.

I wait for Lucy to speak but instead she pushes my shoulder out of her way aggressively and points her accusing finger at Miles.

"How could you fucking do this to Evan? You piece of shit," she spits angrily.

My eyes instantly dart to Evan's as he flicks his between Lucy and Miles, his face falling with hurt. His body turns rigid and I could hear that he had stopped breathing.

"I didn't do anything," Miles grounds out aggressively towards Lucy, his forehead crumpling.

Lucy lets out a sarcastic laugh. "Don't fucking test me boy," she shakes her head towards him. "I saw what you said about Evan, I fucking saw you grope Caleb in the bathroom."

"I didn't say anything," Miles stands his ground like an idiot. "And I didn't fucking do anything."

"Oh what, so you didn't call Evan desperate, easy and vulnerable?" Lucy challenges him as her eyebrow arches.

Miles turns to Evan desperately and grips onto his arm, Evan pulls away with so much force his body almost goes tumbling backwards. Tears are down his face as he storms past all of us in the kitchen and out the back door.

"Evan!" Miles yells out but Lucy stomps towards him before he has the chance to move.

Jaxon joins Lucy and towers over Miles, his arms folding over his chest like he is about to unleash the beast inside him.

I pray to the Goddess he does.

Turning towards the back door and quickly following Evan's steps, he didn't get far only half way down the garden. His fingers are running their way through his hair over and over, shaking his head like he's in disbelief.

Slowly I approach him and try my best not to startle him.

"Evan," I say softly.

He sniffles and quickly wipes his eyes like he doesn't want me to see him crying but it was far too late. His feet take tiny steps until he is fully facing me, his eyes bright red.