vulnerable .45

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

CALEB VELLA

As I watch Evan walk away in the arms of someone else, my fists tighten and I resist the urge to shout unnecessary things to get his attention. Instead I quickly make my way back over to Zara and Felix. Not once do I tear my eyes away from Evan, keeping him strictly in my view.

"He's here," I say suddenly as I approach Zara and Felix.

They instantly stop talking and Zara stares back at me. "Did you talk to him?" She asks as her eyes drop with empathy.

I sigh harshly and nod my head. "Yeah," I struggle to get out. "But he's here with someone else and he barely said two words to me."

My eyes follow to where he stopped, he's stood talking to Miles. He's upset, his arms flaying and his brows pulled into a deep frown.

"Someone else?" Felix says as he tries to snap me back into the conversation.

Flicking my eyes to his momentarily and I nod.

"Maybe he's just a friend?" Zara suggests optimistically.

I stare her out for a few moments. "He called Evan babe and then held hands in front of me. So no, I don't think they're just friends." My voice dripping in annoyance.

The bubbles of jealousy crawl under my skin and I look back towards Evan, Miles now resting his hands gently on his shoulders like he's giving him a pep talk.

"Fuck," I curse under my breath.

"You just need a chance to explain to him," Felix tells me.

"How?!" I exclaim. "He fucking hates me, doesn't want to know me. And now he's got his pet dog trailing along."

"You need to get him alone, away from everyone." Zara adds in.

"I fucking hate this," I mumble under my breath before I look up to the ceiling for some spiritual courage.

Zara reaches forward to squeeze my arm. "You guys are soul mates, you'll figure it out. He just needs to understand without everyone else's imput."

My eyes flick up to Evan again, his face scrunched up and frustrated. He shakes his head towards Miles and walks away from him.

"I'm gonna go after him," I say towards Zara and Felix but keep eyes trained on the back of Evan's head.

"You got this," Felix says as he slaps his hand down onto my back as I pass by.

Weaving in and out of the endless groups of people, trying my best to avoid Miles and any of Jaxon's pack. Evan slips down a quiet hall and I slow down, he buries his head into his hands and throws his neck back.

He stops by the window and glances out at the garden. My feet stop a few meters from him, trying my best not to give him a fright. His hands fumble and I knew that he was feeling uncomfortable, his head was probably a mess.

"Evan?" I call out softly.

He turns suddenly, shocked that I had followed him. Wiping his eyes over and over like he didn't want me to know that he was still upset. His blue eyes looked broken and dull of life, tired and fed up.