shoot .54

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily.

CALEB VELLA

The journey to the police station wasn't anything exciting, I wanted nothing more than for Sam to be locked up and out of our lives for good. Not being able to get the image of Miles laying on the floor out of my mind, dead bodies aren't anything you want to remember.

As we pull up outside the station, I watch as Sam steps out of the car in front of us. His hands restrained in front of him by handcuffs and two officers at his side. He continues to struggle as he begins to shout profane words, spit flying out of his mouth in all directions.

I quickly pop the car door open and step out to listen to what he's shouting. "Let me go you fucking piece of shit cops!" He screams through gritted teeth, his saliva now dripping down his lips.

As they tug him up the stairs he turns abruptly causing one of the officers to lose their grip on him. His eyes catch mine for a split second and it was like he saw red, his body rattles and his eyes looked evil. "Once you're out of the picture, I'll have my chance with Evan!" He shouts as he flashes me crazy eyes. "He will be mine, trust me I can see it!"

My eyes and ears couldn't believe what I was seeing or hearing. Sam was officially a psychopath and nothing more. The thought of him even trying to harm Evan made my blood boil. If I knew he was this obsessed, I would have ended him about a year ago. But I knew Evan hated violence and killing him is the easy way out, he wouldn't have suffered at all.

As Sam continues to struggle against the officer again, his eyes wide and aimed at me. "Dream on," I mumble under my breath as an officer moves to my side for support.

Sam quickly lunges forward with his hands and grips onto the gun hanging in the officers waistband, pulling it free effortlessly. Quickly fumbling with the gun and taking the safety catch off, he points it towards me. That same smile he showed me in the car. My body stays routed to the spot as I look through the hole in the gun, the events unfolding in a couple of seconds. His desire completely talking over his mind, delusion setting in.

Just as he pulls the trigger, six, seven bullets fly through the air and into his chest and legs. I quickly duck and hide my head into my arms, not knowing where he aimed the gun. Peeking up after all the chaos, the bullet going off towards the floor and bouncing into the road.

My eyes stare in horror as his body falls to the floor, blood seeping out of every gun shot wound. He shouts and clutches his hand to his chest as he drops the gun onto the floor beside him.

The officers rush around me and I'm quickly escorted inside. They talk through their radios and look down to Sam's body, checking for a pulse. Shouting code numbers into their receivers and trying their best to corner off the area before bystanders became too nosy.

I finally take a breath once I'm inside, not even realising that my body is shaking continuously. The officer takes me into a room and proceeds to check me over but I don't know what to say. My body still in complete and utter shock.

Sam was dead.

They just shot Sam dead.

"Sir, are you alright? Do you need me to get you some water? Call a relative?" She asks calmly but I don't look at her. I stare directly at the wall in front of me.