recovery .55

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

PS—all you silent readers, pls don't be so silent🥺I wanna see your comments and what you think, even if it's a vote and you don't usually. It really means the world x

CALEB VELLA

Three months later

On Monday I received the best phone call, Evan could come home on Saturday. The excitement and happiness inside my body was like no other, I couldn't wait to squeeze the fuck out of him.

To know how he was doing, how he's been feeling.

I honestly felt like these last few months would have been unbearable, don't get me wrong, they were extremely hard but I came out on the other side.

Our pack grew strong, we went on team building retreats, we spent a lot more time together. Getting to know each other and laughing continuously, looking out for one another and caring deeply. I finally was the Alpha I had always dreamed of, my pack trusted me and have been completely loyal to me. We've grown not just as individuals but as one, together.

We all took time out of training to do different hobbies that we also enjoyed, my heart wanted to paint and draw until I had no resources or brain capacity left. I missed letting my emotions go free and express myself in a way that only I can understand. So I've been painting, a lot.

Zara has been baking and Felix has been learning the guitar, although he isn't quite the rock star he thinks he is. But that's what I loved, how individual we all are. Even though we are werewolves, we also have personalities and our own originality. We all deserve an escape from our lives, from our minds. I couldn't encourage this enough and everyone has loved it. Sharing their hobbies and interests with each other and showing appreciation for it.

I never thought a pack could be so in sync than what ours is right now and I never want it to change.

Felix spoke to me about a therapist and I knew Evan recommended to speak to someone as well. So I went to a therapist for the first time and spoke about my emotions to a complete stranger and it felt good, better than I expected.

After a few weeks my thoughts began to clear and all I could think of was positivity, being with Evan and growing with my pack. I still have my days but who doesn't? It's taught me to appreciate the things I have and to hold onto everyone who is close to me.

The last few months have been good but I know it will be magical when Evan comes home today.

Ava had planned a little surprise at their house with his favourite food, nothing too over the top because we all knew he wouldn't want to be overwhelmed. Jaxon had agreed to pick him up whilst the rest of us waited at their pack house.

Words couldn't even describe how much my stomach was twisting into knots, I've felt nervous before but it doesn't even have a touch on this. My palms becoming sweaty and my brain beginning to pulsate with overthinking.

Ava had organised everyone to be waiting by the stairs for Evan to come in, she respected that we would want time alone so she told me to wait in the kitchen which I was grateful. She said it would be more special if it was just us two and I knew that she would understand.