Chapter 19

I am Harold Hudson.

I am engaged to my fiance, Anne Ross.

It may be arranged by our parents but it is genuine.

I love her and I knew she also is to me.

But she won't say it. That's fine though, I like teasing her about it.

We're senior high school students and were planning to get in the same college.

I love everything about her, except the fact that ever since her cousin was born, she just kept on talking about her.

She was an only child so it's understandable. But I sometimes got jealous. Especially when he just casually tells me how she loves her.

To my jealousy I ended up saying "Your cousin again?" Ooops.

"Shut up."

Yep it's scary. To add more to my irritation, I saw what she was looking at. A kid running to the cafe.

Elementary students aren't allowed here. I spent most of my years scolding kids like him. I scolded like usual. But he is strange.

He looks tired and his voice is so hoarse.

But even so, he still looked adorable and I'm sure my fiance thinks so too. Other girls also said the same. I got jealous again and was even more irritated. I was about to send him off when..

“Please follow me, miss. Thank you."

He dashed and my fiance followed. So naturally I followed too. For a kid, he sure runs fast. I questioned my fiance if she believes him and she said yes. I thought that it may be because she just got affected by his cuteness. I was irritated.

But then I suddenly felt shocked.

There was an unconscious boy.

He's bleeding so badly.

“The infirmary is this way!"

I returned back to reality and carried the injured student.

I have to run fast because I might lose him.

I started to admire that boy. I realized he ran to our direction because the infirmary if farther than the courtyard and there weren't anybody present here.

I saw him collapsed on the infirmary's floor from exhaustion.

I was about to call out to him when I noticed how grave his expression was.

And I noticed it too.

No way...

There's no nurse.

But this kid, he is bleeding so much.

I lost hope and stopped thinking.

I panicked.

Then he stood up and told me to wait.

“I'll do something. ”

It's shameful but I felt reassured with those words. Words from a kid younger than me.

I proceeded to lay his friend on the bed there.

I really prayed hard.

Then my fiance came.

She probably saw the absence of the nurse and paled.

The kid beside her got even paler and cried.

“He told me to wait.” I told them.

We were starting to gather audience as more students have gathered and saw the child's state.

Then I heard it.

“Miss Cheng you are needed in the infirmary ASAP. I repeat, a student is in critical condition! ”

No longer after that we heard running footsteps. The nurse and doctor arrived.

I felt relieved then I heard his friend say.

“Mister! My friend! His lungs are weak!”.

Then we heard a shouting student.

“Miss! This kid collapsed! ”