Chapter 34

I am now 11 years old and my 12th birthday is near.

After saying that I'll visit Laeticia, I never got the chance aah!! School kept me busy. But I kept in touch and ask Lady Erica to let me talk to Laeticia whenever Mom calls her. I do not want her to forget me again so I try to call as much as possible. I can't visit her yet.

Plus I had another thing to do, something more important.

My uncle, mother's cousin came. That uncle who is mother's sole relative and became Ethan's guardian in the novel.

His name is Emilio and he had a son named Bryan.

And that boy became Richard's friend and the Vice President of Aesteir.

He is also one of the four male leads who fell in love with Amelia.

I trust what my gut is saying me.

This Emilio had something to do with Ethan's parents' death.

***
"Emilio! What a surprise! I thought you won't visit me!" Mom exclaimed as he welcomed the father and son pair.

"I'm sorry if I only came now. You always make me work hard especially when I had to talk with clients since you always ditch meetings." Emilio smiled coldly.

Mom looked the other way and changed to topic.

"So this is Bryan! He surely have grown so much! How old is he?"

"I'm 16 aunt." the boy answered.

"You're so tall! Ethan come here and greet your uncle and older cousin."

"Hello, I'm Ethan."

"Wow, this child is so polite. Is he truly your son?" Emilio said and laughed.

Mother hit him in the back.

I noticed how that boy looked at me.

It was a look of an enemy.

***

"By the way, where is Martha? " Mom said over the dining table. We are currently having dinner right now.

Emilio flinched and wiped his mouth.

"We divorced."

The room suddenly grew quiet and it got awkward.

"Why didn't you tell me? Why? When did it happen?"

"Last year. You know that woman...it would be best if Bryan didn't grew up with her."

Bryan then suddenly stood up and looked coldly at his father.

He is hurt.

"What did mother ever do to you?! She was a splendid woman and never hurt me! While you were gone....always in business...she was there for me!!"

Bryan dashed outside.

"Bryan!!" Emilio called and sighed.

"My bad, I think you should follow him." Mom said.

"No it's fine. And about what you asked...we divorced last year..that woman is greedy and I know she only uses Bryan on me. She never loved our son. She loved his inheritance. "

Oh? So there is a possibility that this Emilio is innocent? That is if I were to believe him.

***
Bryan's POV

I don't know how long I had been running.

I just suddenly realized I was in a garden.