Chapter 46

“I-I mean the flowers! The flowers are very beautiful.” Smile, smile, smile AAAA!!

“Yes.” He answered.

I don't have the guts to say I was referring to his eyes! Thank goodness he took it.

“By the way.....may I ask who are your grandparents? ” He asked.

“My grandfather is Roland Sears and my grandmother is Emerald Sears. They're in the banking and real estate business.”

“I see...” He said.

Silence soon followed.

Well, this is awkward.

“Where's your fiancé? ” He suddenly asked out of nowhere, causing me to turn my attention, from looking at the flowers surrounding us, to him instead.

I don't know why but my mood suddenly soured remembering that Richard just hastily jumped to conclusions. He always do that. I really don't understand why he kept on approaching me only then to push me away and find faults in me.

“I don't know.” I answered with my business smile. Then a wind suddenly blew, it felt nice and before I knew it, I smiled at the fleetingly soft sensation.

He was about to say something to me when he suddenly stopped and stared.

Is he perhaps looking at the scene at my back?

Naturally, I was about to turn around and look at my back when I heard it.

“So this is where you were Laeticia.”

It was Richard.

“Yes, I'm sorry I can't accompany you in the party. I have a headache and my mother insisted I take a break. This man before me was asked by my mother to accompany me. Richard, this is Ethan Alphonse. ”

Ethan suddenly jolted. It was so subtle but I noticed it. He stopped staring at Richard then extended a hand to him.

“Nice to meet you.” Ethan said while extending a hand.

Richard looked at his hand then to man.

He didn't take Ethan's hand.

Instead...

He hugged me in front of him.

H-huh?!?!!!

W-w-wait!!! W-why!?!!!

“R-richard, what are you-”

Before I could finish my words, he hugged me tighter. My words were muffled by his chest.

“Thank you for looking out for my fiancée. ” He said coldly to Ethan.

***

Ethan's POV

Well...

True to the novel..

The male lead is very handsome. His well defined features coupled with that icy blue eyes and deep voice can easily seduce any woman, which is a feat considering he's still 18 years old. What more if he grew up and became an adult man? I could see why the Laeticia in the novel never stopped chasing.

Honestly, if I were still a girl, I'll probably drool over him.

Too bad..... I am a guy now and got used to handsome men, considering I see my good looking albeit villainous face, my father and basically my friends. The admiration of handsome men is still there..it just toned down, similar to how a person sees something nice. They get attracted to it and eventually gets used to it.