Author's Note

Wow! I can't believe it... Over three years later, and I'm ready to start a sequel. But before I close up Crown of Thorns, there's a few things I'd like to say.

I want to give a huge thanks to anyone who stuck with Ayesha this long. She's become such a huge part of my life it means the world that you let her take up any time of yours. I'm incredibly grateful to you all, but I'd like to give a special thank you to the three of you who'd been here the longest, and were therefore the first to finish.

DanGarrett : I wouldn't be half the writer I am if it wasn't for you. You were my first consistent reader, and so often your questions make me wonder something I'd never even thought of for my own story. So much of this world is there, because you asked me what should be there. There's not enough words for how much you meant to me on this journey. Thank you so much for everything!

LadySapphire2018 : Nineteen chapters into CoT, I gave up and decided it wasn't worth my time. I took down everything I'd written. It wasn't as if anyone would stay on until then end anyway. About three months later I was hit with inspiration and decided to revisit and see where it went. You were the first person to start reading when I republished. I don't know if I'd have continued had it not been for you. Thank you.

And Rosephilips : I can not tell you how much I waited for your comments. They made my day every time. Each was so insightful and pointed out so much about the characters... you saved me from so much panic as to whether or not certain things I'd intended to be noticed could be noticed. Thank you! Thank you! It seems fitting you were the first to complete the CoT epilogue.

A few more thank yous go out to these talented artists for creating something inspired by my work. I can seriously think of no higher compliment!

Thank you to K. Corpuz for this drawing of Ayesha. I love how beautifully it captures her struggle with Lady Lotus

And a thank you to Arrowstyx for this amazing edit depicting (spoiler alert) Lalita's death

And for this edit of Ayesha's engagement to Amire

Thank you so, so much!

And another round of thanks for everyone else! I hope you'll stick with Ayesha for another adventure.

Speaking of that second adventure, you can shortly expect to see the publishing of the sequel, Wave of Fires. I hope you'll join me and Ayesha as we contend with a deal from Death.