Chapter 8- Friday Part 3

Mikayla's P.O.V

I opened my eyes and trees and birds overhead.

I was confused for a moment, but then I rolled over to my side.

Xavier was sound asleep next to me.

I took in the beautiful scenery around me, feeling like I was the luckiest girl on earth.

I recalled the memories from the night before.

My hand reached up to touch the mark. I felt thin lines on a medium sized part of my neck. I flinched from the pain of touching it.

It felt like fire was burning in that very spot.

I noticed that Xavier was shirtless, much to my pleasure.

A part of me was telling me to look away, but the other part told me to enjoy it.

My internal war was interrupted by my mate's voice.

"Enjoying the view, Princess?" Xavier's arrogant voice asked.

I grabbed a pillow that way laying beside me and slammed it down on his head.

"Don't hate me 'cuz you ain't me!" He yelled while defending. His head with his forearms.

"Oh shut up, you big baby." I hit him again.

He continued to smile up at me, but then his eyes landed on my mark.

"It beautiful," he semi-whispered. His hand reached up to touch it, but I swatted it away.

"Don't touch it," I snapped.

"Why? I did make it, after all."

"I hurts," I whimpered.

"I promise, I won't hurt you. Okay?" He gently asked.

I reluctantly nodded my head.

As his hand reached up, I squinted my eyes, waiting for the rush of pain to come. But it didn't.

Instead, a good feeling came from it. Kind of like when you finally scratch a mosquito bite after a long period of time. It was a great feeling that I could not explain.

Then I remembered something important. I had school today. I jumped out of the bed, instantly being slapped with the cold air. The floor underneath my feet were icy cold compared to the warm air under the fluffy comforter.

"Where are you going, Princess? Baby come back!" Xavier dramatically rolled over in the huge bed, reciting the famous line.

I checked the clock on the bedside table.

9:02

Fortunately, I was fully clothed, unlike Xavier who was shirtless.

"I have school in less than twenty minutes! Today is when we get fitted for our graduation cap and gown!" I was really excited. If you were tardy, they wouldn't fit you until Monday.

"Okay, okay. I need to find my shirt, though," Xavier rushed out of bed and started looking around for his white shirt. It's wasn't difficult, considering there were only two pieces of furniture in the dome.

"Let's go," he pulled his shirt on and grabbed my hand.

*

**

*

"Can you give me a piggyback ride?" I sweetly asked.

Xavier looked at me and gave me an 'Are you fucking serious?' expression.

He sighed deeply. "Fine."

"Yay!" I got behind him and jumped onto his toned back.

"Onward trusty steed!" I yelled and I pointed forward.

He continued to walk. He had no problem balancing me on his back, despite the rough terrain.

"Don't think I'm going to allow you to attend school alone." Xavier asked.

"What?! You're old!" I ranted.

"IM not going. But Asher and Olivia are. They are the same age as you, but they attend the pack school. It'll be a nice experience for them to try out public school."

I laughed in a sarcastic way, "Have you ever been to public school? It's hell."

"Another reason I'm not letting you go by yourself."

"Fine," I gave in. "put speed up, grandpa."

Before I knew it, wind was slapping my face as Xavier raced through the trees.

In a minute or so, we were in Xavier's car and heading toward the pack house.

*

**

*

We showed up to school ten minutes early, thanks to Asher's crazy driving. Olivia, Asher and I walked through the sterile, yet dirty, smelling hallways. We entered the tidy admission office.

"Hello Ms. Lancaster," Mrs. Halbert greeted me. "and who might these two be?"

"This is Asher Lockheart and Olivia Payne," I introduced my newfound friends.

"Oh, here it is. Your parents signed you guys up three hours ago. We usually wouldn't let you attend today, but they were very persistent."

She handed them their schedules and we were off.

As we walked through the halls, other students whispered about the two new students.

"Whose the hot guy?"

"That is one fine piece of ass."

"I'd tap that."

Due to their sensitive ears, they heard everything.

Asher growled at the guys talking about his mate, receiving weird looks. Olivia sent death stares toward the whispering girls.

"Just ignore them. That's the only way you'll get through the day."

Olivia sighed and ran a hand through her long blonde hair. In a way, she reminded me of Leila. She had the bright blue eyes and straight blond hair.

Speak of the devil, Leila walked up to us.

"Hey Miky! Who are your friends?" She warmly asked.

"Well, this is Asher and Olivia. They're...dating," I answered, avoiding the word "mate".

Asher and Olivia were looking at Leila weirdly. I realized that Leila hadn't introduced herself. I bumped her shoulder, telling her to introduce herself.

I seemed to knock her out of her trance. "How rude of me! I'm Leila! Mikayla's only friend."

I playfully nudged her shoulder. But she was right. I'm just really awkward around new people. I calm Leila down and Leila encourages me. We're like two peas in a pod.

"Well, what classes do you have?" I break the awkward silence.

Olivia brings out her schedule, "My first period is History with Mrs. Li."

"Oh, that's great! That my first period also." But I didn't think that any of them were listening to me.

They were just observing each other, in a weird way.

This was going to be a long day.