Chapter 18- Monday Part 3

Xavier's P.O.V

I looked around, not recognizing my surroundings. I was in a hallway, of some sort. Then I recognized it. I was in the castle that housed the royal vampire family. I looked around and spotted two figures walking toward me. It was a man and a woman. I started walking toward them as well.

"Hello?!" I yelled.

"Hello, Xavier," the female replied. I took a closer look.

It was Mikayla.

"Mikayla! Thank goodness you're alright. I thought he ha-."

"Hello, Xavier," the man's voice cut into our conversation. I thought I would never hear his voice ever again. But I was wrong.

"Miss me?" Cade mocked.

"No! What are you doing here, you idiot?!" I started running toward them, but no matter how much I ran, they stayed the same distance away from me.

"Oh, you know. Just flaunting my new mate," he gestured toward my mate. I had just realized that she was in chains. I saw whip marks all over her beautiful body. They were lousily covered by a blue, translucent, and flowy dress.

Mikayla rapidly shook her head while pleading with her eyes to rescue her. I tried running again, but to no avail.

"Mikayla was just wanted to say a few things to her ex-mate," he nodded toward my mate, who was still shaking her head, on the verge of tears. It broke my heart to see her in distress. I wanted to run over and kiss her tears away.

"Don't you Mikayla?!" He pulled a whip out from behind him and held it up high, about to scar her.

"Okay! Okay!" She gave in. She stared at me with her beautiful eyes. She mouthed 'I Love You'.

"Xavier. I have never loved you, desired you, or even liked you. You have been a disappointment to me and your pack. You are not fit to be an alpha, unlike wonderful Caden. You are dead to me. I hate you. I love Caden. He is my true mate. These last few days have been dreadful," she spoke robotically. Probably scripted.

"You did good, baby," Cade soothed.

"Now do the rest," he demanded.

She started to sob,"I, Mikayla Grace Lancaster, re........"

I screamed.

I shot up and examined my surrounding. I was in my bed. Not that dreadful hallway.

My Beta and the pack doctor rushed in.

"Alpha! We heard you scream. Are you alright?" The doctor questioned.

"I.....I had a dream."

"What are you? Martin Luther King Jr.? Speak up man!" Ryder urged.

"I had a dream. Mikayla and Cade were the-...."

"Excuse me for interrupting, but the Luna was in your dream?" The doctor butt in.

"Yeah. Why?"

"Well, I expect that Cade dosed The Luna with something that cut off her link to you. But the link is never fully cut off. On a normal day, mates can read each other's minds and communicate through the mind link after they are fully mated. But when the link is weakened, mates can communicate weakly through dreams. I suspect that Mikayla had that dream, and you experienced it also. Tell me, Alpha, what was your dream?"

I told them the nightmare, every single detail involved. When I was done, everything clicked.

"She's being held hostage in the castle! The dream took place in the castle! So that means that Cade is working with King Vladimir. He must've been sent to kidnap her."