Chapter 23- Wednesday Part 2

Mikayla's P.O.V

Xavier and I had formed a plan. When Cade and Alyssa entered, it would look like nothing was wrong. Then Xavier would catch them off guard by going through the gap and attacking.

Then we would be free.

Just as we expected, they entered our cell together.

"Since Sleeping Beauty is awake, why don't we get right down to business," Cade smugly suggested.

Cade raised the whip that he was holding and was preparing to bring it down on me. I protected my small stomach in a fetal position.

Before Cade could hurt me, Xavier swiftly entered my cell and attacked Alyssa. Cade immediately turned around. I took this opportunity to kick him in his nuts. He collapsed to the ground, holding them.

Xavier started tearing Alyssa apart.

This wasn't part of our plan.

I looked at his eyes. They were pitch black. Aidan must have full control.

"Xavier! Stop!" I yelled.

He kept attacking.

I watched the life fade from Alyssa. Blood was pooling around the area.

Cade caught me off guard and punched me from behind. I fell to the ground in pain.

Xavier's head snapped up to Cade. His face held the nastiest look ever. He jumped onto Cade and started tearing him apart.

He looked up at me for a split second, "Run."

Though it hurt me to leave him behind, I knew he would be able to survive. I did as I was told and ran out of the cell. The hallway was difficult to navigate through. After running up the stairs, I ended up on the main level. I was exhausted, but I thought about my situation. I had to do it for the baby.

I just kept running. I saw the grand door and sprinted toward it. The south of feet behind me reminded me that I was being chased. The guards would easily catch up to me, so I had to hide after I exited the house.

My hand fumbled with the door handle before it opened. Light flooded into the giant room, practically blinding me. The guards were catching up, so I leapt into a giant bush. After a few seconds, the guards ran right past my hiding spot.

I stayed in the bush, not daring to move a muscle. My ears perked at the sound of footsteps coming toward me.

Two arms snaked it's way into the bush, wrapping themselves around me. I was picked up and held against Xavier's chest. I let him hold me bridal style, despite the blood that was covering him.

"Are you okay?" I look up at him. I realize something; he was naked.

I cover my eyes and blush. Xavier kissed my forehead and set me down. I remained with my eyes closed and covered.

"I'm fine, Princess," he chuckles. I hear him take off his shirt and shift into his wolf.

"You can open your eyes now," he said.

I open my eyes and take in his wolf. It was only the second time I've seen him in this form.

He motioned for me to climb on. I fling on leg over his back and slide up. For some reason, it comforts me to be on his wolf. It makes me feel comfortable and protected.

Xavier starts to walk, then run, then sprint. The wind against my face feels good. It seems like years since I had a whiff of fresh air.

Xavier keeps sprinting. Toward our house. Away from the dead bodies of Alyssa and Cade.