𝟹𝟼𝟻 𝚍𝚊𝚢𝚜||𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚒𝚎𝚕

it had been a year. one whole year since my life ended but also started. i was scrolling through my phone looking at the memories i had kept. Although there weren't a lot of good ones, the ones i had were the best. exactly 365 long days ago me and my ex boyfriend Daniel decided to end our relationship because it was toxic. Yes we would of looked like the perfect couple but behind closed doors it wasn't the same. we would argue continuously for days non stop and sometimes it got so tense one of us would of had to leave the house and stay at a hotel just so we wouldn't hurt each other. From the description the relationship doesn't sound healthy and in all honesty it wasn't, but daniel made my life better and without him im not sure what I would of done. As I kept scrolling through my camera roll I came across a video of me and Daniel a couple days before we broke up:
Daniel: "baby?" Daniel said with his arms wrapped around me.
Y/N: "Yes daniel."
Daniel: "will you promise me something."
Y/N: "depends what it is."
Daniel: "will you never leave me."
Y/N: "daniel"
Daniel: " baby do you promise to never leave me. No matter what happens. No matter how much we argue and say we hate each other. No matter how many times we push each other away. No matter how many times we leave the front door. Will you promise to never leave me."
Y/N: "baby"
Daniel: "no y/n do you promise me. because if I lose you I'm not sure what I'd do. I can't live without you. Your my whole wide world and if you leave me i don't think I'd be able to live."
He looked up at you holding the camera as both your voices started to break.
Y/N: "baby i promise."
Daniel: " I love you my princess."
Y/N: " I love you even more my prince."
Daniel: "not possible."
And the video ended with him asleep on your stomach and you blushing at the camera. Your not completely sure why you took that video but your glad you did. You put your phone down as tears fell from your from your eyes. The tears felt like all the memories that you had together and they just kept rolling down your eyes as you tried to wipe them away but there were to many.
Y/N: " I love you more my prince."
You whispered as your fingers went over your lock screen that was you and Daniel still. You had promised yourself you were going to change it but to be honest you always thought you were gonna stay together forever and it was just a break.
Y/N: "Oh Daniel Seavey if you knew how much I still love you you'd be amazed."
You paused.
Y/N: " hold on I love you. What am I doing I love you!?"
You ran downstairs and wiped your eyes and re did your mascara. Even tho you two haven't spoken since last year his address is still the same because his mom would of contacted you if it changed because you never lost touch with his mom.
You left the house in a hoodie and shorts holding a photo frame you kept of you and Daniel . You got in your car thinking if you were doing the right thing but somehow your mind was convincing you to go for it.
Y/N: " you love him. you've never stopped no matter how much you tell yourself you have. You never will. He will always be your true love."
After 10 minutes of driving you had arrived at his house hoping that this is still his address. You began to shake but knocked yourself out of it as you made your way to his front door. You knocked on the door with your knuckles gently as your eyes began to fill up with water a little bit. After around 6 seconds the door opened.
Y/N: "daniel?"
As you said his name a face that met yours definitely wasn't Daniel. The person was a woman with striking blonde hair and bright green eyes. She smiled with her teeth pure bright and he lips were a perfect shade of pink.
Woman: "hey. how must I help you?"
Y/N: "oh sorry to bother you but I thought an old friend of mine lived here but I guess not lol."
Woman: " oh sorry. you can tell me their name and I can see if I know them seeing that this neighbourhood is so small."
Y/N: " oh okay. his name is Daniel. Daniel Seavey. I doubt you know him."
Woman: " oh. In fact I do know him."
Wait what?
Y/N: " excuse me?"
Woman: " yes I know daniel haha."
The woman turned her head in the house and shouted up the stairs.
Woman: " daniel sweetie. Come here there's a friend here for you."
HUH
Daniel: " Coming."
My heart had sank. Hopefully she's just a friend?
A door creaked upstairs and a tall figure made their way down them. It was him. He had grown so much. And I think he's dyed his hair!?
Daniel: " who is it?"
Daniel moved his head around the door and that's when his ocean blue eyes met mine.
Daniel: "y/n? w- what are you doing here?"
Woman: " I'm going to go whilst you two talk."
Daniel walked forward and left the house shutting the door behind him.
Daniel: "why are you here y/n."
oh thanks for the hi lmao.
Y/N: "I'm sorry I didn't let you know I was coming but I had to tell you something and I couldn't say it over text."
Daniel: " what is it? y/n we ended our relationship exactly today last year why are you back?"
Y/N: " y-you remembered."
Daniel: " of course I remember! y/n i was madly in love with you. you were and always will be my first real love. I was planning on proposing to you but it got to much for you so you ended it!"
Y/N: " hey it wasn't just me! it took two people to ruin that relationship okay! and it broke us both clearly. and y-you were going to marry me?"
Daniel: "ok I'm sorry and of course I wanted to marry you! but y/n why are you really here? tell me."
Y/N: "d-daniel. I still love you. I'm sorry about everything please just come home. We can start fresh and be together again. I can't live without you."
Daniel sighed and put his head in his hands.
Daniel: " You clearly can without me it's been a year."
Y/N: " yeah. The worst year of the goddam life! please just come home."
I said as my voice cracked and tears rolled down my cheeks.
Daniel put his head back up and he was also crying.
Daniel: " y/n princess. your too late."
Y/N: "w-what do you mean."
Daniel had thousands of tears coming out of his eye every second now.
Daniel: "the woman that was at my door is my fiancé. her name is beth. I met her a few months after we split up and it felt perfect so I proposed. she's also carrying my baby."
Y/N: "w-what? y-you proposed to her after a few months. Daniel we were together for 5 years and you moved on that quickly. and sh-shes pregnant with your b-baby?"
Daniel: " Yes y/n I'm so sorry. If you had came sooner or if I had the balls to message you it would of been you with the ring and the baby but I was aching and I needed something to prove that I wasn't still madly in love with you but I guess I am."
Y/N: "woah Daniel. I-um."
As I spoke Daniel leaned in and kissed me. It was a passionate kiss but I ended it making it a goodbye kiss.
I put my arms on his shoulders and our foreheads were touching against each other.
Y/N: " daniel james seavey. I love you and i always always will. But you have a life now. One to cherish. Yes it sucks that it's not us with this house and beginning our family here but I mean look at you man! Your gonna be a father! And you have the most beautiful fiancé in the universe. So don't leave it all behind for me. Show that baby what an amazing father your going to be and show beth what it's like to be treated like a princess because that's what your best at. we had a great time together and I'll never forget you but now your real life is starting. now go inside and give beth the biggest hug and tell her how much you love her because I can tell she's perfect for you. Goodbye Daniel seavey. I love you forever my prince. Thank you for showing me what it's like to be treated like a queen."
After I said that we were both looking at each other smiling with tears streaming down our face.
Daniel: "thank you y/n. you are an incredible woman who deserves the world. Now go meet the man of your dreams. I love you too my princess."
And with that I smiled at him and he returned the smile looking and I walked back to my car as he went back inside. I looked down and the passenger seat and saw the photo frame witch thankfully I left in here. It was the picture from our two month anniversary just after we had said our i love yous and it was us kissing.
Y/N: " Daniel Seavey what can I say. 365 days without you was bliss. now I'm gonna go meet my true love. Goodbye prince." I said as I flipped over the frame facing it downwards and making my way back home.