𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚢 𝚋𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚍𝚊𝚢||𝚣𝚊𝚌𝚑

"hey hey hey wake up birthday girl!" my mum shouted to me in my bedroom.
"mummmm let me sleep" i groaned completely exhausted.
"no come on! up and ready we have presents for you and then your going to your dads and he has presents for you there." she replied.
"Ok ok fine I'm up." I gave in and got up completely exhausted and rubbing my eyes.
I slipped my slippers on and made my way downstairs. I walked down to see the room covered in banners which read 'happy 17th birthday!' and balloons. there was a small gathering of presents in the middle and a gorgeous outfit hung up on the fireplace. I smiled to myself and carried on walking. I turned my head to the smell of pancakes. My 15 year old brother Noah was sitting at the island chairs and my step dad James was cooking pancakes whilst my mum was sorting fresh flowers into a crystal vase.
"there she is!" James pointed at me and all three of them cheered.
"Guys chill haha it's only a birthday. No big deal."
They all scoffed and I joined them at the island and began eating my pancakes.
"Guys thank you these are delicious." I smiled whilst eating. I picked up my phone checking to see if I had any messages but I had none. My smile dropped and I put my phone down and continued eating.

After we finished they directed me over to the presents and I sat down and began unwrapping. They had got me clothes, vouchers, a new ipad and my brother had brought me some trainers and chocolates. I thanked them all once again and checked my phone to still see no messages. I sighed in disappointment and my brother had noticed this when our mum and James walked off.
"hey y/n what's up?" he asked looking over at me.
"nothing noah im fine." I bluntly replied.
"No your not. Something's off, what is it?" He asked me again.
"Noah I'm fine." I replied with my head down.
"Bullshit." He replied waiting for me to tell him.
"Ok it's-it's zach. I miss him Noah I miss him a lot." I replied as I began getting teary.
" awww y/n I'm so sorry I know how hard this is for you." He moved over to me and hugged me.
"Noah he didn't even say happy birthday, I think he's forgotten." I cried into him.
"No I doubt that y/n." He rubbed my arm and I let all my emotions out. After I had calmed down I took my gifts upstairs and decided to get into the outfit my parents had gotten me for my birthday. It was a flowery play suit with pockets which i slid my hands into and smiled in the mirror. I was standing in the mirror thinking something was missing in the image I was looking at. I fit a jacket in with the play suit to see if that was what was missing, I even tried a few bags but then it hit me. The thing I was missing to complete my outfit was zach.... he completes me.

I sighed at the mirror and went over to my bed whilst picking up the frame on my bed side table. It was a picture of me and zach and it was a year after we started dating and we had gone for a small dinner. That has always been my ultimate favourite photo of us both because the smiles on our faces were priceless and you could just tell how head over heels we are for each other. I hugged the frame and held it close to my chest whilst I couple tears rolled down my cheeks. Call me dramatic but it genuinely upset me how he hasn't messaged me. I understand he's busy because his band and career but I would of thought he'd have the time to message his girlfriend a quick happy birthday or even a phone call?
"Y/N ARE YOU READY TO GO TO YOUR DADS?" my mum shouted up making me jump.
"yes mum." i replied and quickly placed the frame on the bed and dried my eyes and put some mascara on whilst grabbing my phone and a handbag with my essentials in it.

I ran downstairs and met my mum in her car and got in and we made our way to my dads.
"Cannot believe my baby girl is 17!" she smiled taking one hand off the wheel and placing it on my cheek. We spoke about random stuff as we made our way there and when we arrived she kissed my on my cheek and watched me run up to my dads front door.
I gently knocked and my dad almost immediately opened the door and pulled me into a tight hug.
"Happy birthday my baby!!" He shouted and I couldn't help but laugh.
"Haha thanks dad." I said into his chest.
I made my way into his house and he had sat on the couch directing me to the presents. My dad lived alone and whenever he has visitors he gets very excited. It makes me sad how he's alone but he says he finds it calming and relaxing.
"Go on, open your presents then sweetheart." He smirked at me and I smiled back and began unwrapping. My dad brought me some new pyjamas,a new purse, perfume and a necklace which had an infinity sign on it which I absolutely adored. He helped me put my new necklace on and I thanked him for my presents. I went to sit down and talk with him until he stopped me.
"Oh wait kiddo. I forgot to give you your last present!" He said and I sat back up confused.
"Dad what do you mean my last present! This is way more than enough!!" I shouted and he laughed at me and grabbed my hand pulling my up.
"It's your main present!" He stated whilst we ran dragging my around the house. After a few minutes of running he stopped at the door in the kitchen that led to the garage.
"Ahh it's in here!" He smirked and I was completely confused. He put his hands on my eyes covering my sight and placed me in front of him and he opened the door.

"Dad what are you doing?" I asked confused and he just giggled.
"You'll see sweetie." He replied and he stopped me from walking and slowly removed his hands.
It was a Jeep!!
I screamed.
"DAD NO WAY!" I screamed with happiness and jumped into his arms hugging him.
"YES WAY!!" He shouted back.
After my moment of freaking out we got in the front seats.
"Woah this is so weird. I have my own car." I said shocked.
"Scary isn't it? I still look at you like your six!" He chuckled and we smiled.
"Oh y/n I forgot to tell you! Look how spacious the boot is." He said whilst getting out the car and I followed.
We went to the back of the car and I waited for him to open the boot.
"You gonna open it kiddo?" He asked waiting.
"Oh haha sorry didn't know you were waiting for me." I laughed and I slowly lifted up the boot.
My mouth opened at the space.
"OMG THATS.." I stopped my sentence and realised in front of me was Zach in the boot in the corner smiling at me.
"Z-zach!?" I shrieked.
"Happy birthday baby!" He shouted whilst jumping out the boot and giving me a hug.
"Haha surprise !" My dad shouted laughing at my reaction.
Me and zach stayed hugging for just under five minutes until we pulled apart because I had so many questions.
"Zach h-how did you get here!?" I asked still in complete shock.
"Well Noah messaged me a few months ago because he knew you would be upset if you didn't see me and then your dad let us know about the car and we thought why not surprise you like this!" He laughed and so did I.
"Wow sorry I'm just so shocked right now." I said completely speechless.
"Haha happy birthday." He kisses me on the cheek.
"Zach you should surprise her more often, it gets her to shut up." My dad piped in.
"Heyyy! That's mean!" I pouted my lower lip and we all laughed.
I spent the rest of the day just enjoying life and not stressing or worrying about anything. I felt happy,relaxed and complete.
He completes me.
Zach completes me.