𝚜𝚞𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚎||𝚣𝚊𝚌𝚑

i looked through the different types they sold at the pharmacy trying to spot the difference between each pregnancy test because to me they all look the same. i picked up two clear blue ones and a dollar one because i always have doubts on whatever the result that comes back would be. I don't tend to enjoy buying pregnancy tests because the last four times i have they come back negative and it breaks my heart. me and my boyfriend of 3 years Zach have been trying for a baby for about a year now but we've been struggling a lot because I suffer badly with infertility but my doctor informed me that I still have a 20% chance of getting pregnant so we've been trying our best but we haven't been getting anywhere. I picked up the tests and placed them on the pharmacist till and she smiled at me recognising me from the last few times I've been here recently. I payed for the tests and put them in my hoodie pocket and got in my car then made my way home. Zach was at the studio today so he wouldn't be home till later so I had all day to myself. On the journey home my hands began sweating and I'm not sure why but I think it's because I always get my hopes up and I'm never correct so he fact that I've yet again gone out and spent like 50 dollars on pregnancy tests knowing deep down they are gonna be negative makes my heart break and me very nervous. Zach has never judged me when I explained I may not be allowed children. He just comforted me and always told me about the options of surrogates or adoption and even tho I was still upset he was very good at calming me down and showing me the bright side. After a 5 minute drive I made it home, as soon as I arrived I parked on the driveway and pounded into the house. I ran upstairs into the bathroom and just sat on the toilet looking and the boxes I had brought. Finally I built up the courage to take them so that's exactly what I did. I peed on the stick and put the plastic back over it and placed it upside down on the bathroom counter top. I set a timer for two minutes on my phone and just waited. I began shaking but I just kept my cool and fiddled impatiently with my hair. I looked at my phone to see 30 seconds left on the timer. Then 15. Then eventually 5. The timer buzzed and I paused it still trembling whilst I looked in the mirror. I slowly picked up the test still not turning it over. I held it up just below my face and then took a deep breathe.
Y/N: " come on y/n you can can do this."
I shakily turned the test around and scanned it. There were 2 lines. wait what? I swear two lines means your pregnant? No way. I looked at the box it came in and pulled out the information sheet seeing that 2 lines means pregnant! oh my gosh no way. I just looked in the mirror with my jaw dropped and tears filling my eyes. Because I wasn't too sure if it was 100% I decided to take the other two tests I brought and they both also came back as positive.
I jumped up and down with happiness and took it all in. I'm going to be a mom. I'm going to have my own precious baby with the best man ever. Oh shoot. Zach! I decided to wait till he came home to tell him and I thought of the perfect way. I went with a good old classic on how to reveal it to him.
Zach comes home-
I hear Zach's car pull up and made sure I was ready. I didn't really have to do much but I wanted it to be perfect. A few seconds later the front door opened and Zach strolled through with a big smile on his face.
Zach: " Hey beautiful! Sorry I was out all day I was sorting everything with the boys."
Y/N: "hey it's fine! How was your day?"
Zach: "Stressful but I'm actually okay haha. How about you? How was your day?"
Y/N: "peaceful haha. I had some me time."
Zach: "Oh that's good at least you got a break from me haha."
Y/N: "haha. Oh zach babe."
Zach: "Yeah"
Y/N: " Do you mind cooking dinner today I'm not feeling great I think I'm coming down with a cold."
Zach: " Yeah sure baby just give me a min."
Y/N: "Thank you"
Zach raided the freezer looking for something to cook.
Zach: "Aha! Pizza mhm! Babe!"
Y/N: "Yes?"
Zach: "Is pizza alright?"
Y/N: "Mhm yes! Pizza sounds yummy."
Zach: "haha good ill put it on now."
Zach pulled out a tray from the draw and placed the pizza on it. He then bent down and opened the oven.
Here we go.
Zach: "Baby?"
Y/N: "Yes Zachary?"
Zach: "Do you know why there's a bun in the oven?"
Y/N: " huh?"
Zach walked over to me showing the hot dog bun I had placed in there earlier.
He showed me and waited for my reaction and I just smiled at him.
Zach: "Why are you looking at me like that baby?"
I just kept smiling. Is he seriously not getting it.
Zach: "Baby do you know why there's a bun in our oven?"
Y/N: "You should?"
Zach: "Huh? I don't?"
Y/N: " Your telling me you don't know about the birds and the bees?"
Zach: "Sex? Why are you bringing sex into this? What does sex have to do with a bun in the oven?"
Omg this boy is adorably dumb.
Y/N: "A bun in the oven!" I said pointing at my stomach through my jumper.
Zach: "huh?"
Y/N: " A BUN IN THE OVEN!" I pointed at my stomach with both hands now.
Zach: " A bun in the ov- wait."
His faced went from confused to smily and rosy.
Zach: "Baby wait what!"
Y/N: "Yes baby I'm -."
Zach: "Pregnant!!"
I nodded at him and pulled out the pregnancy tests from my jumper pockets. He scanned them and his eyes filled up with water. He lifted me up and wrapped my legs around him as he hugged my tightly and slowly spun as around.
Zach: "I'm going to be a dad?"
Y/N: "Yes baby and I'm gonna be a momma."
Zach: "I'm so excited! I love you!"
Y/N: "I love you more."
Zach: "Y/N?"
Y/N: "Yes Zach?"
Zach: "If it's a girl. Can we name her-."
Y/N: "Don't you dare say it."
Zach: "Roxanne?"
Y/N: "ZACH IM NOT NAMING OUR CHILD OVER YOUR FAVOURITE SONG!"
Zach: " Ok ok geez."
Zach: "So it's a 100% no?"
Y/N: "Yes zach!"
Zach: "Ok im sorry I love you."
Y/N: "Actually Roxanne not a terrible name."
Zach: "YESSSS!"
oh lord I hope it's a boy now.