𝚖𝚢𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚋𝚘𝚢||𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚒𝚎𝚕

it was a thursday evening and i was on my way back from work. well where i did work. I had just been fired for constantly being distracted but it's just been because my bad depression which tends to make me put myself into a bad mood and overthink everything which leads to me zoning out a lot. I wasn't great at the moment as that job was my dream. I had always wanted to be a newspaper publisher and I remember when I got the job I celebrated and even went to a bar to grab a few drinks alone. And here I am on my way home after being fired and I'm going to end it how I started it. By going to the bar. haha. I live in Los Angeles alone and at first I loved it but now I feel alone and need company because as far as I'm aware right now I'm going to be alone forever. I hoped on the subway and got off after 4 stops as I had arrived to the place where the pub was located (a few blocks from my apartment). I made my way out of the station and walked down the street to the bar. When I arrived I sat on a stool by the front bar and weirdly the place was quiet and empty and it felt awkward. after I ordered my drink I waited patiently and began looking around on the walls admiring the old newspaper articles that had been framed on there years ago. I was turning my head around in my chair and then I heard the bar door open. I twisted to see who else was joining the awkwardness and loneliness of the bar but my mouth slightly dropped when the person came into sight. It was a male. He looked around 20 and he had the most fluffiest blond hair which I could tell was dyed as his brown roots were showing slightly. He moved towards the bar and sat next to me and ordered as well. The bartender gave me my drink and I took a sip with a sad look on my face as it just hit me that I had just lost my dream job. As I went to take another sip the man turned around and looked at me.
Man: "Hey."
Y/N: "oh hey."
Man: "I know it's none of my business but are you okay?"
Y/N: "Yep I'm fine."
Man: "are you sure?"
Y/N: "nope I'm not haha."
The man chuckled and looked into my eyes as I did the same. His eyes were the most beautiful things I had ever seen. They were a beautiful blue and they were the type of eyes I could see myself getting lost in.
Man: "Humour I like it."
We both chuckled at his statement.
Man: "What's up?"
Y/N: "I may have just got fired from my dream job haha?"
Man: " Oh that sucks I'm so sorry."
Y/N: "Nah don't apologise this ones all me lol."
Man: " I won't ask what happened as that's probably personal but if you wanna chat I'm here."
Y/N: "Aw thanks but aren't you waiting for somebody?"
Man: "No. what made you think that?"
Ugh the fact that he's drop dead gorgeous and probably just waiting for his beautiful girlfriend to walk in the door but talking to me for the meanwhile!?
Y/N: "Just thought."
Man: "Oh well you thought wrong mysterious girl."
Y/N: " Oh did I now?"
Man: "Yep!"
Y/N: "mhm okay than."
Man: "So mysterious girl would you like to have another drink?"
Y/N: "Sure why not,mysterious boy."
Man: "Great."
He turned around to the bartender and ordered another beer.
Man: "Can I get you anything?"
Y/N: "Ooo yeah can I get a martini please."
Man: "yeah sure."
Man: "Can I get a beer for myself and a martini for the lady?"
Bartender: "Sure thing give me 5 minutes."
He payed for the drinks and turned back to me as we waited patiently.
Y/N: "Thank you."
Man: "It's alright you deserve it after the day you've had."
Y/N: "Aw your so sweet. So tell me a bit about yourself mysterious boy."
Man: "Well my name is Daniel,Daniel Seavey and  I was born in Portland and raised in Vancouver. I have two older brothers and one younger sister and the most amazing parents i could wish for. Im 20 and I write music with my 4 best friends and we are thinking of forming a band and trying to see if we can get anywhere out of it. Now your turn."
Y/N: "Ooo interesting well um my name is Y/n , Y/n Y/l/n and i was born and raised in Florida but moved here 5 months ago. Im 20 as well and I'm an only child and don't speak to my parents really so my life is pretty lonely haha. I always dreamed of being a newspaper publisher so when I got the job it was a huge deal for me and now I've lost it so I currently am unemployed haha."
Daniel: "Oh wow. That's rough. So are you basically in this big city alone?"
Y/N: "Yup pretty much."
Daniel: "Woah that sucks. Well if this doesn't come off weird my boys have girlfriends that are around our age and I'm sure they'd love to meet you? They are all local here and they are actually really nice. They understand how hard it is moving into such a big city alone so they'll be here for you."
Y/N: "Oh wow. Well I mean that sounds great! Yeah sure I'd love to meet them if that's cool with them."
Daniel: "Yeah cool I'll give you their numbers in a min and explain!"
Y/N: "Omg thanks Daniel that's so kind of you!"
Daniel: "Haha don't worry bout it."
Daniel showed me pictures of them all and told me a bit about them and what boy they were dating. He also messaged them making sure that it was cool and they all replied straight away saying it would be chill with them. I'm going to meet up with them next week at this little local coffee shop which I'm pretty excited about. He only showed me four girls which confused me so I decided to ask him.
Y/N: "How comes there's only four?"
Daniel: "Well there's gabbie and jack, corbyn and christina, jonah and tate, zach and kay (just pretend lol) and that's it."
Y/N: "Wait hold up."
Daniel: "What?"
Y/N: "Your telling me you don't have a girl!?"
Daniel scoffed and blushed
Daniel: "Umm no haha I don't." He said whilst scratching the back of his neck.
Y/N: "Woah that's crazy"
Daniel: "How haha"
Y/N: "Well I mean..your gorgeous haha."
Omg no way did I just say that.
The drinks were brought over and me and Daniel were blushing like mad.
Bartender: "Sorry for the wait guys." The bartender said then walked away.
Y/N: "Omg ahhh I'm so sorry I said that I didn't mean to I just.."
He cut me off.
Daniel: "Don't sweat it. Besides your gorgeous."
My face was as red as a tomato.
Y/N: "Oh um thank you. I'll take the compliment seavey."
We both chuckled and picked up our drinks still both blushing and smiling.
Daniel: "Cheers!"
Y/N: " Oh um cheers I guess!"
Our glasses clinked together and we both took a sip.
We ended up talking for hours and ordered at least three drinks each. He was such a genuine guy and his humour and personality was amazing.. aswell as his amazing face lmao. We traded numbers and social media's and by the end of the evening we were like best friends. I pulled out my phone to check the time and it read 11:18pm. shit its so late I need to head home.
Y/N: "Daniel it was lovely to meet you and I'm so happy I have because you've made me feel so much better on this crap day but I've gotta start heading home because it's late."
Daniel: "That's fine. I've gotta head home aswell anyway so this is actually a great time to leave. Well listen I had a great evening and I'll message you soon and we can arrange another time to meet up?"
Y/N: "Yes of course I'd love that!"
Daniel: "Alright that's great! Goodbye and goodnight mysterious girl."
I took one last daze in his perfect ocean eyes before turning around and heading home.
Y/N: "goodnight mysterious boy."
And with that I left the bar with the biggest grin in the universe without knowing Daniel had done the same.