"Lau"

"Hey Lau!" Jake greeted me as he sat down beside me. I froze.

"What did you just call me?" I tried not to say it too coldly, but by the way everyone in our table was reacting, it was.

"Lau?" He said confusedly, not knowing what was wrong; which I couldn't blame him for but that didn't matter.

"Do not call me that ever again," I snapped at him. Unwanted flashbacks were appearing faster than I could control my mind.

"Hey Lau!" Maya greeted me, giving me her signature smile; crinkled eyes and flashes of white pearls.

"Of course Lau, just for you." She said solemnly, yet she bursted into laughter moments later. The last thing she ever said to me, and the last time my nickname was spoken, until now.

"It's what Maya used to call her," Tom said quietly, the undertone of sadness was as clear as the tension in the atmosphere right now.

"Oh shit, I'm so sorry Laura, I-I didn't know," Jake stumbled over his apology, but I could hear the sincerity in it.

I stood up and walked out of the cafeteria, I didn't want to unleash my anger on them, they didn't deserve it. Yeah like how Maya didn't deserve to die.

Maybe you are the one that should have-

"Laura," Asher's voice cut through my thoughts.

He didn't say anything else, he just intertwined our fingers, giving me the silent support I needed to fight my demons.

We continued to walk like that until the bell rang and students started to flood the hallways. "Do you want to go to class?" Asher asked when we arrived to my locker.

"I have to," that was all I said as he walked me to my class. A squeeze in the hand was all that was needed and he went to his own classes.

I have to keep living, at least one of us should. She would have wanted me to keep living.

I feel like at this point I'm just writing fanfics for my own book and it's pathetic, because I'm craving for fluff and angst and I just want to write so here you guys go. The good thing about being the author is that anything you write is canon (at least I think that's how it works. Well the snippets I write are canon, at least)

Writing this hurts me and boy do I miss Maya, I don't even know why I kill her off (character development!!!) well anyways I'm just rambling and I'll stop.

There might be a few more snippets because I'm on winter break and I have too much time and I don't want to write anything else so.

And early merry Christmas!