chapter 4

Sal knocked on Mr. Addisons door while I hung back, looking over his shoulder. A couple seconds passed before the mail slot flipped over, revealing his eyes.

"Ah, young residents of 402 and 404! How may I be of service to you today?" Mr. Addisons cheery voice lifted my spirits, and I nudged Sal on the back to get him talking.

"Addison Tea, please and thank you!"

"Coming right up!"

Sal looked over to me with a "What do I do now?" face. I giggled, moving so I was directly beside him. "Just wait. He usually doesn't take too long to give it to us. It's like he has pre-made cups ready 24/7."

"Well that sounds sketchy."

As soon as we finished talking, his hand slipped through the slot with the cup of tea. "There you go! Enjoy!" And as quick as he came, he was gone.

Sal took it in his hands and held it up to his prosthetic, making a small 'ew' sound and clicking his tongue. "It smells weird. I'm definitely not drinking this."

"Ssh!" I took the hand on his free arm and guided him to the elevator. "You could've hurt his feelings," I pouted.

He squeaked out a small apology, mindlessly following behind me. I pressed the fourth button, starting act two of our mission. Sal's palms started sweating so I let go, looking up at him in confusion.

"Sal? You alright?"

•SAL POV•

Y/N looked up at me, confusion filling her face. I felt bad, but it was finally dawning on me that I was holding hands with a girl, and I had no idea how to react. Plus, I felt bad for saying that about Mr. Addisons tea right in front of his door.

I nodded, but kept avoiding her eyes. I don't think she believed me, but she just shrugged and seemed to dropped it.

We stepped off onto our floor and she followed me to my apartment. I opened the door for her, and she walked in. She wasn't able to get a good look at the living room before, and she seemed to be taking everything in.

I smiled, even though she couldn't see it. At least, I don't think she can. I gathered up the courage to grab her hand and lead her to the bathroom.

"Your apartment is nice. Super cozy."

I looked back down at her and smiled again. She smiled, too.

I placed the cup down and took the bottle of pills off the back of the toilet, before dumping the entire rest of the bottle into the tea.

"This'll knock him out for sure!" I spoke triumphantly.

Y/N's eyes widened, and she started waving her hands around urgently. "Well don't kill him! That's a lot, don't you think?!"

"Haha, don't worry. This won't kill him, I promise," I picked up the cup and interlaced my fingers with hers again, and we hurriedly made our way out to the elevator. I sure as hell was ready for this guy to get caught, and I'm sure Y/N was, too.

I felt excitement rush through my veins as the door opened. Yeah, we'll catch him for sure.

•YOUR POV•

I looked over to Sal, who seemed so giddy and excited about turning Charley in. Has he always wanted to be involved in detective work?

I was kind of depressed about everything, though. Sure, I was happy that Charley was getting what he deserved, but I was never gonna see my aunt again. Never gonna hear her talk again. She left as quickly as she came.

Aunt Sanderson and I weren't that close. In fact, we weren't close at all. She was my Dad's sister, and my dad and I never got along. So I never bothered to get to know her growing up. It was just a coincidence that we moved into the same apartment complex that she was living in. But my mom didn't like her or the way she lived, either.