chapter 8

// nice ^^

"stop denying it, y/n! we all know you like sal!"

"he's my best friend, ash."

todd, ash, larry and i all sat in larry's room. i laid on his bed, todd at the edge of the bed, and larry and ash were in his beanbags.

my legs were up in the air, swaying back and forth as i stared at the ceiling. i heard larry laugh, which made me furrow my brows.

"what?"

"you two are so oblivious." he chuckled. "ever since he moved in, you started coming out of your room more. plus he's always nervous and blushing around y-"

"alright! alright! i get it!" i waved my hands in the air, a red tint flushing my cheeks. "i don't like him like that..."

ash groaned, throwing herself back in the beanbag. she peaked at larry through her strands, smiling at him. "they'd be so cute." she whispered.

he nodded in agreement. todd had been silent the entire conversation, flipping through one of his science books. he shut it and turned his eyes towards me, a smile on his lips.

"so, you're saying you don't have any feelings towards sal, then?"

"like i said, sal's my best friend." i said, sitting up as we heard knocking on the door. it was opened a moment later to reveal the bluenette himself, holding his gearboy.

todd had fixed it for him a while ago, and he had to use the walkie talkies sal had, so that finally meant we were back to using our phones instead of those things to communicate. larry was pretty bummed out about it, but i wasn't complaining.

"y/n? can you come with me?" he asked, poking his head through the door. i looked over to larry, who was wiggling his eyebrows at me.

i rolled my eyes. "yeah, be right there." he nodded, and closed the door.

i got up from his bed and felt an arm go around my shoulders. i jumped in surprise, but sighed when i only saw it was ash.

"you need to warn people when you're gonna touch them!" i scolded.

"sorry, sorry, i'm just really excited for you. maybe he's gonna ask you out? take you back to his apartment? go to his room and-"

i raised my finger, laughing softly. "don't go any further."

she giggled and pushed me towards the door, whispering 'go get em' tiger' in my ear. i saw sal at the vending machine, two chocolate bars in his hand.

•SAL POV•

"hey."

i flinched, but relaxed as y/n stood next to me, her hands behind her back. "did i scare ya?"

"yeah, a little." i said, smiling. "want some?" i gestured toward the two chocolate bars in my hand.

"ooh, yes please." she responded, and i handed one to her, to which she stuffed it in her bag.

she smiled back and took my hand.

"where we going?" she questioned.

"ghost hunting!" i said, waving my gear boy in the air like a prize. she looked at me like i had two heads.

i chuckled. "you can meet megan. she's on the fifth floor. she's a little girl, and she's kinda shy, but super nice."

"the fifth floor? sal, are you gonna kill me?" she stared at me, bewildered.

i got into the elevator, pulling her along with me. i shook my head as it started ascending to floor five.

"no! never!" i exclaimed, gripping her hand tighter. "did you really think that?"