chapter 23

//11k!! ik i never post that much anymore and im sorry fishsjsh but still it means a lot <3

"Larry, you can be lookout. Y/N, you and I can do the snooping." Sal told told the both of them, his gaze darting back and forth the hallways as if someone would pounce on them at any second.

With everything going on, she wouldn't be surprised in the slightest.

Larry responded with a thumbs up, and Y/N nodded, pushing open the door as the three walked in. The brunette stood by the door while the girl and her boyfriend looked around for anything standing out.

They made their way to Packerton's desk, and began opening drawers at random. Her eyes landed on a particular drawer that was protected with a combination lock.

Sal seemed to spot it at the same time as her, and scratched the back of his head. "Damnit, that doesn't help us at all." Y/N nodded in agreement, looking around the room for anything that could help.

A sudden idea popped into her head, a loud laugh emitting from her throat as she inputted the first couple of numbers of pi.

Sal watched her giggle to herself, looking at her as if she had lost her mind (she was pretty close to.)

"Suck my dick, math." She whispered triumphantly under her breath, watching at the lock popped open. Sal's eye lit up, giving her a high five.

He shuffled through the papers in the drawer, a disappointed frown etched onto his lips. "There's only papers..."

"No, there's not."

He turned his head as he watched her expertly lift the 'bottom' of the drawer, revealing a hidden compartment.

It was safe to say he was impressed with how smart and calm she was in a situation like this.

"Oh, god what the fuck?" She mumbled, poking the bird skull with her bare finger. "This is some voodoo, witchcraft shit."

"Everyone has their... hobbies." Sal grimaced at the contents of the compartment, different thoughts and theories swirling throughout his head.

He picked up the silver object, his eyes squinting as he observed it. "It kinda looks like-"

Suddenly his head started pounding, nearly dropping his hold on the objects. Y/N could feel her breath catch in her throat as the same happened to her, and soon enough, they were back in the white room.

"Fuck." Sal groaned, rubbing his temple.

"Motherfucker! Hurry up and come out!" She yelled out. Sal shot her an amused look, resisting the urge to laugh. He noticed she was especially irritable today.

"-U-I-U-R-U-Y. -R-H-O-H-E-I-T-N-R-U-Y. -A-, D-R-W-I-T-O-F-L-S-U-Y-N-B-U-S-M-O-"

The same voice rang out, piercing their poor eardrums. She could barely catch onto the syllables tumbling out over the ringing in her ears and her pounding headache. It was the same for Sal, too.

As quick as it came, it disappeared, leaving the couple blinking and trying to regain their balance through their blurry vision.

They both turned their sights to the other, before looking away. They agreed it would be best not to question it anymore.

"Larry! We've finished up. Let's go get Ash and Todd." Sal spoke, shoving the metal object into his massive boy pockets. Larry grunted in response, holding the door open for the two.

Y/N gripped onto Sal's hand, to which he squeezed hers in response. They wouldn't speak of it, but they were definitely shaken up.

"What happened? Are you dudes good? Did you find anything interesting? Any spooky stuff?" Larry bombarded them with questions the second they walked out the door.

Usually that would piss people off, but his rambling seemed to lift the girl's spirits.

"We'll tell you later, Larbear." Sal nodded in agreement. Larry pouted at the nickname, and their lack of response.

The trio caught up with Ash and Todd. She was leaning over the redhead's shoulder as he inspected to bologna Y/N brought for them earlier.

They looked up from what they were doing as they heard the door shut close, small smiles on their faces.

"Hey! What's the news?" Ash questioned, her smile growing wider. Larry walked next to her, jumping up onto the counter.

"These two are pissed off for some reason."

"Shut it." Y/N retorted, rolling her eyes.

"Don't tease them." Ash giggled, flicking Larry's knees, earning a grin from the male.

Sal held out the metal item he found. "There was some sketchy shit in there, dead birds and bibles. But we didn't see anything about the bologna. What about the tests?" He looked over to Todd.

He shook his head, a soft sigh escaping his lips. "I haven't detected any harmful chemicals, but there's still something peculiar about the meat." He looked up from the microscope, glaring at us. "Don't tell Chug. He'll have a heart attack."

"I guess that settles it, we have a mission now." Sal shrugged, being used to breaking into places he wasn't supposed to.

"Damnit, I'm gonna miss out on the action again." Ash huffed, crossing her arms.

"Aw, why?" Larry asked.

"I have to watch Ben. But be sure to tell me everything!" She jabbed a finger at his chest.

The bell rang, causing everyone to shudder.

"I've never been so excited to go back to class until now." Y/N said, stretching her free arm over her head, her fingers still laced with Sal's.

"See you guys later!"