chapter 14

//i thought this pic was hot LMAO whew🥵while i was editing the last chapter i added a part that goes more in depth into y/n's past. please please PLEASE go check it out if you read the unedited version!!

"hello?"

"hey, y/n!" ash's voice giggled on the other line. i smiled, leaning back against my pillows.

"hey, whatsup?" i asked, happy to hear from her.

i heard her sigh. "well, valentines day is coming up soon..." she paused, "and i wanted to get something for l-larry..."

"oh my gosh! no way, really?!" i asked, practically screaming at her over the phone. i heard her laugh. "yeah. i need your help getting him something. we can go shopping." she said.

i thought for a moment, before a smile came to my face. "of course i'll help. did you wanna go today or...?"

"yeah, today's really the only day i can do it." she said. "are you gonna get sal anything?"

my face flushed. "w-well, i dunno. i might get him something simple." i said softly.

"well, can you ask him to come with us? he knows larry best. i don't wanna get him anything too sickly sweet, you know?"

"sure!" i responded. despite living practically right next to each other, sal and i hadn't gotten the chance to hang out in a couple of days, which made me sad. of course we texted, but he's been spending a lot of time with larry for some reason. i didn't mind at all, i loved that they were close friends, but he's never spent days on end at larry's apartment like this. it made me worried.

"cool! i'll pick you up in fifteen. see you then!" and with a simple click, she was gone. i pulled up sal's contact info and sent him a quick text, asking him if he wanted to join ash and i. he said yes just as i hoped he would, and he was already on the way to my apartment.

i took the time to get dressed. it was freezing outside, so i put on a black beanie, a f/c hoodie and some ripped jeans, along with my combat boots. after i finished getting dressed i heard my door open, and i excitedly ran over to greet sal.

"hey- woah! you look nice."

sal had his hair down and was wearing a dark red beanie, along with his regular pants. his black sweater was replaced with a black hoodie, and his usual blue converse were now black and white. it wasn't much of a difference, but it was still nice regardless.

he chuckled, smiling. "why, thank you." he playfully winked, and i laughed. "you look cute, y/n."

"aww, sally." i looked down at my phone and saw ash pressuring us to come down, and i rolled my eyes, taking sal's hand. "c'mon, she's throwing a fit." i said.

•TIME SKIP•

i raced into the mall, nearly slipping and cracking my head open in the parking lot. it was almost in the negatives, which wasn't surprising for early february. it had been over a year since sal moved in, and he said he still wasn't used to these temperatures. to be completely honest, neither was i.

i leaned over to catch my breath as the two walked through the doors, staring at me like i was crazy.

"you're gonna hurt yourself, y/n!" ash scolded. i grinned at her, finally starting to warm up.

"i'll be fine! i haven't died yet, silly." i said. sal came to my side and held my hand tightly. i looked at him, smirking.

"aww, was someone scared i'd get hurt?" i teased.

he shook his head. "nope, i'd think it'd be funny. i just can't pay for your hospital bill."

i pouted and ash burst out laughing. we let sal take the lead, and we eventually found ourselves at a hot topic. the walls were practically lined with sanity's fall merch, and sal looked like he was in heaven.