Chapter 1

"Flynn come on." I pulled him up off his bed as he tried to pretend he was asleep.

"I don't want to go." He cried now trying to slink his way out of my grip.

"I know you don't want to but you have to!" I cried pulling him up.

It was like this every morning. I fought with him to get up. He only gets up if I promise to get him ice cream at the end of the day, I start breakfast and then once we are finished I take him to school.

"Have a good day!" I call as I walk off to work seeing Flynn run into his school with his friends.

Looking down at my watch I realized I was really late to work. I started to run now down the street to the bus station and almost missed it. If I had my boss would have killed me for being even more late.

When the bus stopped on my street I rushed out and went to run again but my body went right into a wall. It wasn't really a wall but hell did it feel like it.

I almost went back when two strong arms wrapped around me and pulled me into a strong grip.

My eyes connected with a pair of light green eyes. It made my breath stop when I saw the man in front of me.

He was beautiful. A tall beautiful man with dirty blonde hair.

His jaw was set in a tight line. It looked like it could cut paper if you put it to his jaw.

"I-I'm sorry sir." I said meekly as my hands rested on his arms that were still around my waist.

"Are you ok?" He asked confusing me a little. I was the one that ran into him and he was asking if I was ok?

I nodded my head and looked down at his arms. He dropped them and stepped back to grab my bag that I dropped.

"S-sorry." I said as he handed me my bag.

"Why?"

Why was I sorry? I said that word a lot. It was something I did a lot because I always thought things were my fault.

"DARCY!" I jumped and looked to see my boss standing out of the café looking at me with a cold hard stare.

"I-I'm sorry." I said stepping away quickly and running off to Mr. Jackson who was waiting for me.

"I pay you to be on time and not almost an hour late!"

"I-I know Flynn wouldn't get up."

"That kids going to loss your job for you. If your late again Darcy Ill have to fire you!" He hissed turning away from me as he went back to his office.

I tried not to let that get to me as I made my way to my table putting my apron on. I got to work right away.

By the time my shift had ended I was ready to go to bed. I had been on my feet the whole day and I could feel my head ready to explode.

I got the bus back to Flynn's School and picked him up making our way to ice cream place that was right by our apartment.

"How was school today?" I asked as I ate my mint ice cream. The only thing I had to eat today.

"Ok I guess" Flynn wasn't fond of school. He never Really liked going. Which shocked me a lot because he wasn't a bad kid. He had great grades and was doing fine.

"Did you learn anything new in History? I know that's your favorite subject!"

"No not really." He sat there looking down at his ice cream playing with it as he mixed the flavors he had together.

Vanilla and chocolate. He had been mixing them both together since he could eat ice cream. He would call it his mud ice cream. It would take him longer to mush the flavors together then it did to eat it.

"Hey bud do you want any Chocolate chips?" Meg the girl who worked here, and my only friend asked him. She walked across to the counter to us carrying over the Chocolate chips with a smile.

"No thank you meg."

Not that wasn't like him. Something was really going on with him.

Meg looked to me with this look of 'what's wrong with him', and I wished I could tell her but truth be told I didn't know what was up with him either.

I ran my hand through his brown hair pulling him to me.

"Maybe I should call his school tomorrow."I huffed falling to my old dusty couch. Meg sat next to me letting her hair out of her bun.

"I mean that kids never turned down Chocolate chips. For a minute I thought you had the wrong boy." She chuckled trying to make light of it.

"I-I just feel like I've been failing him Meg. I'm not my parents and I don't know how to handle him sometimes."

It had been almost two years and I just felt like he wasn't back to being himself. He used to smile all the time. Flynn brought the light into the room but now he doesn't seem to have any.

"Don't say that Darcy! Your doing great. Don't you see that your doing what you can for him."

I looked around me and started to laugh. This whole two room apartment looked crappy as hell. It was cheep and on the run down part of town. It was all I could afford at 18. I thought by now I would have something a little better. That I would be in college or at least In online classes.

But the truth was I didn't have the money. I barely had the money to send Flynn to school but that was my top priority. So if a water bill doesn't get payed we take our showers at the gym down the street. If the electricity goes out we get to read together with a candle by our side.

"He needs so much more Meg. This isn't what I wanted for him."

"And what about you? Don't you want more." Now that was a question I never stopped to ask myself. I was doing this all for Flynn and doing everything I could to keep him happy. I never thought of myself and I couldn't start now. Flynn needed me more now then ever.

"When Flynn is ok and we are living in something other then this run down house...that's when I'll work on myself."

She rolled her eyes at me and picked up her phone.

"You want pizza, my treat?" I nodded my head as she started talking into her phone as I looked over to Flynn's door where he was sleeping in his bed.

He was all I had left and all I wanted was for him to be happy.

A Fighters Heart जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें