Chapter 20

We followed Sky out to the back where the party was going on. I was actually shocked by how many people were here.

"There's Faith!" Sky said pointing to the women who I had thought was Masons girlfriend. Now getting a good look at her I can see that they were siblings. I felt even more stupid.

"Faith!" Sky called her over as she stood with a group of men. She looked over to us and her smile got bright. She excused herself and the men all watched her as she left. How I wished I had that sometimes.

"Baby brother you made it!" She pulled him into a hug and pulled back to me with a kind smile.

"You must be Darcy. I've heard so much about you." Now that made me question everything I've ever done in my life.

"I-I'm sorry Masons never really talked about any of you."

"He gets that from his father." I looked up to see a beautiful woman who was aging gracefully. She had short blonde hair and blue eyes that looked like the ocean.

"Darcy this is my mother."

"Mrs. Hayes it's wonderful to meet you." I put my hand out to her but was shocked when like Sky she pulled me into a hug.

"Please call me Juliet! Mrs. Hayes makes me feel old." She chuckled pulling back and taking Mason into her arms.

"I trust my boy has been good to you."she reached up to fix his tie that he had on

"Mom..."

"He Has" I laughed taking his arm in mine.

"So this is the girl that we've heard all about." A deep voice said making us all look to a hell of a man. He looked like an much older version of Mason...if that is what he will look like when he's 50 then I think I'm set...damn he was going to be hot.

"Mr. Hayes I'm going to guess."

"Pretty and smart Mason takes after me on finding the good ones." He held his hand out to me and I shook it.

"Happy birthday dad." Mason and him hugged.

"Thank you son."

"Darcy! There's a chocolate fountain!" Flynn said pulling on my arm.

"Come on little man I'll take you over." I picked him up and took him.

As we were standing there I saw Mason talking to his family and they would look at me for a moment making chills for up my body.

"Look!" Flynn laughed holding up a covered banana

"That's so fun."

"Darcy?" I turned to see Faith standing in front of me. I don't know why but I grabbed on to Flynn.

"I just wanted to ask how the dress fit for your birthday? Mason was really picky with what I had to get you."

"Oh it fit perfectly thank you."

"Of course and if you ever need another one let me know. I'm sure I can whip something up."

"Wait you made that!"

"Yes." She giggled

"It was a great dress! I'm sorry I-I it was a beautiful dress."

"Don't be to worried around me Darcy" she smiled "we all like you."

I let out a sigh that I didn't know I was holding in till now.

"Really?"

"Yes...you're the first girl that Masons brought back that isn't a shrew for lack of a better word around your brother."

So I'm not the first that he's brought home before. I wonder how many more there's been and who they are.

"Thank you that does help a little." She gave me a kind smile before walking off to find her group again.

A little while later in the party everyone had gone out to the dance floor. I even found my way out there with the boys.

"Just let me get a water." I laughed pulling away from Mason as he tried to pull me buck out to dance.

"Be fast."

"I will!"

I rushed over to the bar and asked for a water and leaned on the bar watching the boys do some dance that just made me laugh.

"You know my son really likes you." Juliet said coming to stand next to me.

"He's definitely never acted like this before with a girl."

"What do you mean?"

She took a glass of wine and brought it to her lips before answering.

"Has has some problems with alcohol and lots of crazy ex's that took a while to get rid of." She sighed. "But I think the worst thing that drove him over the edge was the war."

I turned to her shocked at what she had just said. "H-he never told-"

"He doesn't tell anyone...he was in the marines with a buddy of his. They were like brothers to each other. Mason came home but Tyler didn't. It broke him and he never told anyone about it."

I looked back out at Mason with Flynn and saw the smile that he had on his face.

"You have made my son happy. You brought the good out in him...thank you."

I wanted to cry but I forced myself to smile. I nodded my head to her.

A slow song started and I turned to see Mason using his finger to call me over.

I laughed shaking my head at him.

"Go we can talk tomorrow." His mother pushed me to go out and I did walking to him.

"Did I tell you that you look beautiful?"

"Yes once before we left once on the plane and now." He smiled and kissed my lips quick.

"Just checking."

I rested my head on his shoulder as he pulled me closer and I held onto him. I knew I wanted him. He was perfect in every way for me. This is what I wanted.

He spun me out and lifted me off my feet making me laugh as I looked down at him.

As he put me down to my feet he kept his eyes on me as I looked up at him.

He knew what I wanted to. I could tell by the look in his eyes. He had been waiting long enough.

"Maybe we should put Flynn to bed before I take you somewhere."

"Where?"

He smiled quickly kissing me again before pulling away and leaving me.

I found Flynn and Sky who took me to our room for the night. I helped a sleepy Flynn get ready for bed and tucked him into the big king sized bed he had.

My phone went off and I looked down at it to see Mason texted me telling me to meet him outside the front door.

I grabbed my things kissing Flynn's head before running off to do what the text said.

I snuck down the stairs to the door and opened it fast not wanting anyone to see me.

"Boo." I jumped facing Mason as he hid behind the door.

"Idiot." I hit him and he grabbed my wrist taking me with him.

"I don't like surprises Mason."

"You'll like this one."

I rolled my eyes with a smile because even I knew I wasn't stopping this.