Chapter 11

I jumped awake from my dream and looked around as much as I could. It was dark and something was holding onto me.

As I tried to move I realized I was on my side and there was something on my waist.

I turned till I came face to face with a black shirt. My eyes traveled up to see Mason asleep peacefully.

"Mason" I whispered trying to move away from him. He moved closer to me and I giggled feeling his head snuggle more into my neck.

Then something rang a bell in my head. I had work in the morning.

I somehow found a way out of Masons grip with out waking him and rushed to my things. I looked at the clock that was on the oven and saw that it was almost 6 in the morning.

"Oh my god." I hissed rushing out of the apartment to the elevator. I got the bus back to my house where Meg was up about to call the cops. She didn't know how to reach me and was scared when I didn't come home last night. I rushed to get ready for work and at the same time got Flynn up and ready.

"I didn't have breakfast yet." Flynn said walking into the kitchen with his bag over his shoulder.

"I'll by you pie? How's that sound?"

"Ok." He shrugged walking off as I looked for my keys.

"Where are they?"

"Maybe there at your cuddle buddy's house." Meg chuckled. I grabbed a kitchen mat and checked it at her head not wanting to here this right now.

"Can you give us a ride?"

"Of course."

She got her keys and off we went to her car. I was so late it wasn't even funny.

The car came to a screeching stop and I didn't even wait for Flynn. I just got out of the car and ran to the front door.

As I was going to push it open my boss came out looking mad as ever.

"Mr-"

"Don't Darcy. Your fired. I can't do this where your always late and just expect me to over look it." He turned shutting the door in my face.

I stood there for a moment in disbelief. This couldn't be possible could it?

"Does this mean we're poor?" I looked to see that Flynn was standing next to me with his backpack sporting a sad look. My heart broke as I put on a smile for him.

"No it doesn't! Just means I get to spend more time with you." I grabbed him turning him back to the car so we could get the hell out of here.

Meg dropped us off back at the house where I just went right to my room. I got out of this stupid uniform and put sweatpants and a tank top on. I was so totally screwed.

There were bills that had to be payed some even that haven't been payed. Now what was I going to do.

I don't really know how much time passed. I just watched the light in my room go from sunny to dark.

Then I felt Flynn's little body get into the bed with me.

"You know I need to eat." I chuckled lifting my head up from my pillow. He was sitting up looking at me waiting for his food like a dog.

"How does a burger sound?"

The smile on his face told me it would do.

I got up and put a Cardigan on and a pair of sides on before putting my hair in a bun.

I looked homeless. I didn't really seem to care at the moment. We were only going down the street to the burger place and then coming back.

"Go get your shoes on." Flynn ran off to his room as I went to go grab my wallet.