Chapter 27

Later the next day I started packing my room up a bit. We only had 3 days to get out and I only had worked on packing the kitchen and some of the living room.

Flynn ran to the door when there was a knock and I heard Masons voice.

"Hey bud is your sister home?"

I quickly pushed the boxes into the closet and hid anything so that he wouldn't know what was going on.

Heavy footsteps that stopped made me turn around.

There Mason was looking down at the ground. His hair was a mess and he looked pretty white like he hadn't slept all night.

"I sorry that I got a little out of hand last night Darcy."

"A little." I choked out.

He looked up to me and I could see the newly formed black eye on his right eye.

"I-I told you it was his anniversary and I got a little out of hand. I let it get to me and then seeing that guy put his hands all over you made me go mad."

I crossed my arms and sat on my bed.

"That doesn't mean you get to act like a dick and hurt a man Mason."

"Do it doesn't." He got down in front of me on his knees holding his hand in mine.

"And I'm so so sorry that I let it get that way. I just can't help it when I saw that guy I thought I was going to lose you and I can't have that Darcy."

He looked down at my wrist and pulled it into his had.

"I'm so sorry that I hurt you like this." He ran his fingers around the bruise that he had left.

"It's fine." I pulled my arm away from him and held it to my chest.

"Are we good?"

"I think we need to work on some things before we are fully fine again."

"That's fine." He nodded his head understanding.

"Why don't you get dressed and we can go get something to eat?"

"Yeah." I smiled getting up. I turned around to grab my things but he was still here.

"Can I get changed with out you here..."

"Damn." He sighed walking out making me chuckle.

Meg came over later to help me pack and to have dinner with me and Flynn.

"Where do you want this?"

"Throw that one out." I said walking out of my room to go into the kitchen. I had to grab some tape for the boxes.

The tv was on and as I walked in I heard Masons name.

I looked up to see a photo of him and Gabby kissing. It was from last night.

My heart stopped and my head starting spinning.

"Hey wh-"

Meg stopped looking at the same photo that I was looking at as well.

"Darcy"

"Watch Flynn." I hissed grabbing my keys and jacket.

I got a cap to his apartment and the front desk let me up even though he wasn't home. I told they I had to get something and the man was nice enough to let me up.

I grabbed a bag that I found and started stuffing things into a bag that were mine.

Tears ran down my face as I tried to move. I had to get out of here and far from here.

The front door opened and I knew I had to face him. I stuffed the last thing in my bag and rushed to get out of his room.

"Hey what are you doing here?" He asked sounding happy to see me. I ran down his steps and the smile left his face when he saw my face.

"Baby what wrong?" I kept walking to the door. I didn't want to answer him at all.

"Darcy!" He grabbed me before I could walk past him and I screamed as he pulled me close.

"I'm done!"

"Done with what!"

"You!" I pushed away from him but he ran to the door blocking me from getting out.

"What the hell is this about!"

"Did you kiss her!"

"What the-"

"Did you kiss Gabby last night after I left you!"

"Darcy please let me explain." That was all I needed. My heart sunk knowing it was true. I let him in and this is what happened to me.

"I hate you."

"You don't mean that." I saw his eyes start to water and I almost changed my mind. Almost.

I kept my eyes on the door wanting him to let me out.

"Please don't leave me." He whispered and it broke my heart. But it broke my heart more knowing what he did.

"Goodbye Mason." I hit the down button and he stood there in shock for a few seconds before moving when the doors opened.

I pulled my bag closer to him as the tears kept falling from my eyes. I watched him as the doors closed seeing a tear run down his face.

When the doors closed I let out a sob that I had been holding in. Everything hurt me. I couldn't breath and it felt like the world was spinning. I hadn't cried this bad since my parents died.