Chapter 4: SHOW YOUR GRATITUDE (rev)

Music Background: Arctic Tern by Aaron Lansing

Miguel tried to push him away. But he could only gasp as the man carried him to the bathroom. He was deposited to a bench in the shower room. The man took a towel from the cabinet and handed it to him.

"Would you need help showering too? I'm afraid you might slip again."

The taller man leered.

Miguel gulped.

This man was a giant. He was obviously a head taller than Miguel.

Miguel shook his head.

"No thanks. It's alright I can manage."

With that the man left him in the bathroom. He peeled the wet clothes from his body and placed them outside the shower stall. He adjusted the thermostat to his desired temperature and felt the water wash away his sweat. He closed his eyes and relished the soothing warmth of the water.

A knock on the door jolted Miguel from his trance. He closed the switch and wrapped the white towel around his hips. It was too long so that he had to re wrap it around his chest.

He shivered when he emerged from the bathroom.

When he walked to the bedroom the sheets were already changed. Clothes were on the bed and a pair of shoes with his exact size was on the floor.

He quickly changed and dried his hair with the towel. He was going to look for the laundry basket but found himself lost in some sort of a walk-in closet. It was huge. There were rows upon rows of clothes. There were two shelves of shoes, a shelf for neck ties, and a collection of expensive watches.

Miguel turned and found his reflection on the mirror.

He had to leave. He didn't belong there.

Miguel found the stairs after a couple of minutes of walking around. When he looked up from the ground floor, he felt so small. The ceiling very high and the windows were huge.

He continued to walk around trying to find the unknown man. He had to get his sling bag before he could leave. It contained his wallet, phone, and keys. He had to get to work.

The dining room was huge. There was a long wooden table that could seat more than a dozen people. He walked to another room and found the kitchen.

"Excuse me." Miguel called the attention of the lady who was busy working.

She turned off the stove when the kettle began to whistle.

"Oh, hello dear. You must be hungry. Just take a seat and I will get you some light snacks. Let me just pour some tea for you to warm your tummy. Or would you like other drinks?" She asked.

She seemed to be a nice lady.

"It's alright ma'am. You don't need to do that. I just wanted to ask if you know man who was with me a while ago."

"No need to call me ma'am. You can call me Ystell. Oh, and the man you are looking for is Henry. He is the master of this house."

Ystell made him sit on the high chair on the counter without him noticing it. She was very good at making conversations. She placed a plate of chiffon cake and macaroons in front of him.

"I'll call the him for ya. Just eat enjoy your snacks."

Ystell was shorter than Miguel by two or three inches. Her skin was a darker chocolate but looked flawless for her age. A few strands of gray hair were already showing on her head.

When Ystell came back, Miguel was almost done with the snacks. He placed the dishes on the sink and was about to wash them when Ystell stopped him.

"Naw. None of that hun. Let's get you to Henry's office."

She ushered Miguel out of the kitchen and then they climbed the stairs again. He followed her into the hallway until they reached the door. Ystell knocked and then opened the door.

Seeing as Miguel was hesitating, she gently nudged him into the room and silently the door.

The office just like the other rooms in the house was also big. The walls were lined by books. The was a dark leather couch, two single sofas, and an oak coffee table. The large windows allowed natural light to come in, illuminating the room. Looking outside it seemed that it was getting dark.

"Sit."

He heard the man say from behind the table. Miguel could feel the man's piercing gaze on his body.

Uncomfortable with the attention, Miguel hesitated to approach the chair in front of the table.

Before the man could say something, Miguel cut him off.

"Thank you very much for helping me when I was sick sir. I would show my gratitude in the future. If you could please give me back my things so that I could be on my way. I still have to go to work."

Miguel avoided the man's gaze as he spoke.

"Why wait for the future if you could show your gratitude now?" He leered.

Had he been not sick, Miguel would be more patient and tolerant. But his fuse was about to blow out. Now he was truly madly annoyed at the arrogant man.

Unbeknownst to him, his dimples popped up making his face look like a cute grumpy cat. It greatly amused Henry although he would never admit it.

"Please don't joke around sir."

Miguel folded his hands over his chest.

"Do I look like I am joking Mr. De Luca?"

The man growled. The room felt tense all of a sudden.

"What do you want from me then?"

What Miguel detested the most were people who felt like they had to shout just to be heard.

Also, this giant was intimidating.

Miguel's head could only reach up to the man's neck. It was the first time that Miguel felt so uncomfortable with his height. He felt smaller than he actually was.

"Are you listening Mr. De Luca?"

Henry's right eyebrow twitched.