Chapter 17: THE SCENT OF A BILLIONAIRE

Sitting inside his office, he lit a stick and drew smoke into his mouth. Henry frowned when remembered that another man touched his property.

Fuck! What was he thinking? The boy was just a pawn.

Henry blew the smoke from his mouth. He sat there contemplating until there was no more tobacco to burn. Eventually, he stubbed the stick on the ashtray then he stood up and left the study.

Miguel wiped the steam covered mirror inside the bathroom. When his reflection finally appeared on the glass, he was horrified by his image.

He quickly looked away, and walked out of the bathroom.

Other people would have a blush in their cheeks when they get embarrassed, but not Miguel. Under an such situation, it was his ears that would give him away. They would turn into a bothersome crimson.

And who was to blame for his predicament?

It was none other than Mr. Kingsley. The man was a big bully. He could still remember how the big guy made fun of him less than thirty minutes ago.

Miguel's eyes narrowed into slits.

The impassive man actually told him that he stank as though a dog has rubbed on him!

Ooohhh. The nerve! Miguel thought.

Tch! He sneered.

Miguel dropped unceremoniously on the bed after blow drying his hair. He punched the mattress a couple of times and muttered, "Who stinks like a dog? Mr. Kingsley stinks!"

It was not like Mr. Kingsley smelled any better. He reeked of tobacco, mint, and a rich perfume. The combination was not good at all. It was unpleasant. It was too overwhelming for Miguel's sensitive nose. It was so overpowering that Miguel would be brought to his knees whenever he got a whiff of the man's scent. It was just -

"Argh!" Miguel squeezed a pillow in his frustration.

"Party B shall not be involved in a relationship with another person for the period of two years or until the divorce had been finalized. Blah! Blah! Ugh! I know that!" Miguel muttered against the bed sheets.

He did not forget about the contract.

If there was one thing that Miguel excelled at, it would be his ability to memorize words. He only had to read once, and the whole contract would be stored inside his head.

Also, he was raised by his papa to maintain a word of honor. It was something that they took seriously. They would never make promises carelessly. This was the pride of their family. Even if other people looked down on them for their poor financial status, they always kept their promises.

"De Luca's always keep their word. This is your family's honor." His papa used to tell him growing up. He always had a faraway gaze whenever he spoke of their family's traditions.

So, there was no way that he was in another relationship. He may be in a fake marriage, but he knew his priorities.

He came to U country to earn money, so that his papa would live a comfortable life in retirement. This resolve became even stronger when his father was diagnosed with a terminal illness.

"Romantic relationship? Can I eat that? Will it fill my tummy? No. In these days, people have to learn to be practical." ¯\_(⌣̯̀́)_/¯ Miguel spoke to the fluffy white pillow.

One by one, he laid the pillows around him until it became kind of a nest. In a way it reminded him of his childhood. His papa would tuck him in during those nights after he was bullied in school.