Chapter 19: Tale of the Sacrificial Turkey

Background Music: Gnomes Walk by Tom Larsen

A handsome man with striking blue eyes stood in front of Miguel with a smirk. His eyebrows carried a hint of arrogance, but there was fondness in his eyes.

However, his expression turned to anger in a blink of an eye. Gone were the warm blues that stared at him only to be replaced by a cold gaze with killing intent.

Miguel sensed danger and stepped back when the man approached. He felt the fingers pinch his chin.

"Who did this to you?" Nikolai growled.

His jaw clenched tight as he reigned his anger. He was pissed off when he saw the nasty bruise that marred the beautiful boy's face.

Miguel visibly trembled when he felt the other person's rage.

Nikolai noticed this. He quickly regretted it and backed off. He sat on the massage bed and spoke again in a much gentler tone.

"Моя милая what happened to you while I was away?"

Miguel retreated a couple of steps away and wrapped his arms around himself. He remained wary.

"Why do you call me that?"

"What?" Nikolai was puzzled.

"Mya miley?" Miguel attempted to imitate the pronounciation. But it did not sound right.

A twinkle of mischief flashed in Nikolai's eyes. "Well what should I call you then?"

"Miguel. My name is Miguel. What's your name Mister?"

"Just call me Kolya." Nikolai smirked.

Their conversation was interrupted by a ringing phone.

"Hello!" Nikolai pulled the mobile device from his jacket packet.

Miguel kept a wary eye as Nikolai talked to the phone.

He did not understand Kolya's language. But based on the guy's gruff and rising voice, he was clearly agitated.

"придурки! Они посмели нас ограбить! Безопасное все. я уже в пути."

"Sorry about that moya milaya. I'll see you next time." Nikolai spoke in a soft tone. He sounded genuinely apologetic. He then stood up and walked to the door.

However,  Miguel's voice made him halt.

"Wait! You forgot to tell me what it meant."

Nikolai turned around and spoke with a meaningful gaze. "Just know that it is a special name for a special person."

With that he left.

The manager came into the room a few moments later. She saw Miguel putting the rack of massage oils on the shelf.

"Hey, I told the client that we were closing but he was most insistent. I even offered that we would accommodate him first the next time that he comes. He didn't give you a hard time, did he?" Marcy was anxious.

Miguel was a new employee and only had less than one year of experience living in U country. Migrant workers like him were susceptible to being coerced and taken advantaged off. Marcy did not want anything to happen to Miguel. He was her most responsible and diligent employee at the moment. His cute face and small build invoked a sense of protection from Marcy.

"No. He was just in here for a few minutes and then he left just as quickly after he received a call. He seemed to be a busy man." Miguel assured her.

"Yeah, he looked like it. By the way he dressed and carried himself at the lobby, I guess he was rich too. His perfume smelled rich to me." Marcy muttered the last few words.