Chapter 31: That awkward first time

Henry Claude Kingsley was the most eligible bachelor in U country. There was no news of a wedding, not even from the underground channels. It was known among the high society that Henry never kept someone by his side. A man of Kingsley's demeanor was unlikely to fall in love. He was cold blooded and ruthless. This, he knew long ago from the information gathered by his men. He may not know the extent of the person's network but he was sure as hell he would not allow someone to step on him in his own territory.

Nikolai's gaze remained at the lithe figure that was led away by another man. He frowned as he emptied another glass of wine.

"кто вас разозлил, Kolya?" (Who pissed you off, Kolya?) A sultry voice came beside him.

"Evgeniya." Nikolai turned and faced a woman with cat eyes and red lips. This girl, Evgeniya, grew up to be a beautiful woman. A little younger than him, she was the daughter of his father's right-hand man and grew up with him.

"Вы уже здоровались с господином Яшиковым?" (Did you greet Mr. Yashikov, yet?) Evgeniya replaced her empty glass on the waiter's tray while Nikolai took his order.

"да" (Yes)

"Пойдем посмотрим остальных ребят." (let's go see the rest of the guys.) Evgeniya waited impatiently for Nikolai's answer. A few minutes passed until he replied.

Seeing as Miguel disappeared from his sight, Nikolai let go for now. But he will not give up.

Prior to the incident that happened an hour ago, Henry was looking at Miguel from a distance. Unconsciously, he became enamored with the young man's appearance. The tailor-made suit fit Miguel perfectly like a prince. He did not expect that apart from being cute, the young man could also exude a handsome image. Pleasantly satisfied with the boy, he strode across the room, ignoring the worshipful eyes from the ladies and the jealous stares from the gentlemen. As he got closer, however, his expression became dark.

Not knowing what came of him, he pulled Miguel and pressed him close to his body. Gone was his pleasant feeling only to be replaced by a cold hard demeanor. After exchanging words with Nikolai, he wanted to spank the person that was now nestled on his chest. If it weren't for the host, he would have taken Miguel back to the mansion.

It was known in Henry's underground channels that the grandchild of the Yashikov family was kidnapped. After the child's parents died in a car accident, the child was taken and raised by the elder Yashikov. The old man doted on his grandson. Thus, he spared no effort to look the missing child, but kept it away from the public in order not to alert the kidnappers.

After seeing the video from the internet, Henry sent Kasumi to probe further about the news. Henry was intrigued when he learned that Miguel happened to rescue the child. He did not expect the young man's bravery, but knowing the extent to which he suffered made Henry displeased. No one should make a mark on his property other than him.

When the elder Yashikov left them, he was in a hurry to ask the young man's relationship with the head of the Bratva. He held Miguel's arm and dragged him to the window away from prying eyes. However, he underestimated his strength.

The young man cried in pain.

Seeing as Miguel's eyes were filled with fear and tears, Henry let go immediately. He wanted to sooth the aggrieved young man but his desire to know about their relationship won him over.

Recalling the video of the heist that Andre reconstructed, Henry's eyes turned dark.

After listening to the young man's trembling voice, he warned Miguel to never approach Nikolai Ivanov.